Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to cancel a back ordered item.

I do not see any way to do that without talking to a person at CJPP.

We all know what the chances are of me calling and someone answering the phone.

Rat Bastards.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
I have sucessfully used their website to cancel stuff after changing my mind about my order an.d they acknowleged via email that my order was cancelled so you might try that. Wes

·
Registered
11 Posts
I too canceled an item that was on backorder last week and they sent me a confirmation the next day. Go to this page on the site: Contact Us | CJ Pony Parts and use the dropdown category 'Cancel an Existing Order'. I received an email the next day confirming. If it doesn't work PM me and I'll give you his email.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've never had a problem with canceling a CJPP order via email. It takes a couple of days, so what?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks gs. One would think that you click on orders to see your order and cancel or modify.

I cancelled the leaf springs that they said were in stock then backordered as soon as I ordered them.

Summit now has them in stock and Im heading that way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks gs. One would think that you click on orders to see your order and cancel or modify.

I cancelled the leaf springs that they said were in stock then backordered as soon as I ordered them.

I agree. For such a well designed website, the tracking and canceling of orders on the CJPP site is a bit clunky and hidden. Of all of the vendors I've been dealing with, Summit Racing has the most logical way to cancel (as you suggested on the order page) and also the best package tracking and projected dates on orders that get split up based on manufacturers drop shipping, or other stocking situations.

That said, I've been using more of the smaller shops like Virginia Classic Mustang lately to help support our Mustang community.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fast response today as well. This is not the norm or hasnt been the norm. Lets hope they are turning things around.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Never forget what you order at CJPP. I ordered a wheel and tire package that turned out to be out of stock, Three months later, after I bought some other wheels, they arrived. And I paid to send them back.

·
Registered
278 Posts
NPD. Even though I live 90 miles from CJPP, I've been getting most of Diane's parts from NPD. Never ever had a major problem with them and the one time I had a difficulty, Rick took care of it personally in one day.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I've had at least a handful of issues when buying/returning parts from CJ's. As stated above, oftentimes the parts will be on backorder but it doesn't say that until after you've made the purchase. Because of that, I'll order from anyone else besides CJ's. Typically I always order from Summit as they price match and generally always have the parts I need at their Nevada store, and it only takes "3 business days" to get them delivered to my house. I say 3 business days because it's more like 2, and as long as you order before like 5-6pm on say a Monday night, you'll get them delivered by Wednesday afternoon. If Summit doesn't have what I want, which is typically pretty rare, I'll go with NPD as I've yet to have any issues with them. I will say the one thing I really do like about CJ's though is the layout of their website. It's very user friendly and I do really like their instructional or how to videos on YouTube. Those have helped me out quite a bit over the years. It's frustrating that that doesn't carry over into their customer service or sales department though.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me seven billion times and I am the Vintage Mustang community still ordering from CJPP despite A DECADES WORTH OF THE EXACT SAME COMPLAINTS.

Hard to feel sorry for regulars of the "Don't Bang Your Head Against The Wall Forums" going to the doctor for banging their head against the wall.

·
Registered
10,261 Posts

Were you able to get both leaf springs promptly from Summit? I'm wondering since I ordered 4 wheels from Summit which were "In Stock". Turned out only one wheel was in stock and the other three were on back order. Of course, this wasn't revealed until after I ordered them.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yep, Summit had both of them. I sat them side by side and they were slightly different. I will see what happens when teh car is back together with weight on the suspension.

·
Registered
126 Posts
In had to cancel a attena and like you I thought I could just cancel the order. But um...no. Not the case. Finally found the cancel email form after I had put in for a call back. As soon as I canceled, here comes the callback. Had the customer service rep cancel it for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts