Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I had a little problem. I was getting ready to turn on a left green arrow at this intersevtion and this oncoming car doesn't stop. As I was rolling through the intersection, I had to stop or have a head-on. Well the poor guy behind me was driving the light and bumped me at about 4MPH. It did a mess on his Durango, about $1800. The receiver hitch on my F-150, took most of the hit but, stratched 2 of the plastic panels and took the cover off one of the lic. plate lights.

Now the story. The claim adj.(local Ford dealer) gives me an estimate of $55 parts and $75 labor. He is telling me that to put the parts on, he will have to remove the bumper. He procedes to make me an appointment. I tell him , thanks but will do the job myself.

I go to parts, come back with 2 boxes and a little bag with a light recepticle in it. I grab a screwdriver and rubber mallet. Look at the clock in the garage. Job finished in 4 minutes. It took longer to get the panels out of the box.
How does $1125 per hour sound for a labor rate?

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Generate a professional looking invoice and submit it to the insurance company - charging the quoted "market rate" of course ! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Dickson

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Be glad you weren't the fellow in the Durango./forums/images/icons/smile.gif In adjuster terms "When B rearends A, B is ALWAYS at fault...." Watch those hourly rates! LOL!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts