Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
I just received my perfect fix a/c system. Does anyone have any advice on install? Meaning, any hints the install instructions do not tell you?
I am going to start on the weekend.
Thanx in advance,
Gordy

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Are you installing an underdash system? I installed a unit for a 66 underdash but don't know how much diff between that and 67.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I don't know about the perfect fit system, especially on a '67, but my instructions said I had to remove the front valance to drill a hole in the radiator support for the condensor lines. No way was I messing up my perfectly aligned body panels. I center punched the location from inside the engine bay and drilled the hole from that side. I then used a set of shorty combintation wrenches to tighten the lines from inside the valance. It took a little bit of contortion to do, but was much easier and much less likely to damage something than taking off the valance.

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
The bolt that is used for ground, which goes through the firewall behind the A/C enclosure needs to be fixed so that it will not spin should you need to add or remove something from it. Once the A/C unit is in place you will never be able to put a wrench on it.

Trial fit the condensor and hoses. They forgot to send me one of the hoses when I got mine.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess since this is a new option, not many people have tried it yet. It looks doable by a mechanically inclined non mechanic. I am going to take tons of pictures just in case.
Gordy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts