Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help! My classic auto air blower will turn on as soon as the key is turned on. The DER controller is not responding. Its in the off position but the blower is on. The controller doesn't change intensity either. But it does let me move the air to the different vents.

Anyone have any idea what I need to do? Is there something wrong with the controller?

Thanks,
Robert

· Registered
8,144 Posts
I need help! My classic auto air blower will turn on as soon as the key is turned on. The DER controller is not responding. Its in the off position but the blower is on. The controller doesn't change intensity either. But it does let me move the air to the different vents.

Anyone have any idea what I need to do? Is there something wrong with the controller?

Thanks,
Robert
Call CAA. They have great tech support.

· Registered
1970 Ford Mustang, Windsor 302 V8, C4 Automatic Transmission, Holley 600 Carburetor
800 Posts
I am tomorrow but was trying to get it done today if possible.
As much as you probably want to get it done today, if you can't find the solution to your problem, I would save it for CAA to help you out tomorrow.

· Registered
434 Posts
I've swapped many a GM late 90s / early 2000s blower motor resistors for family and friends (seriously like 3 or 4), was so prevalent on the GM trucks/SUVs they redesigned them and you would retrofit the earlier cars. Sounds very, very familiar 🤔 although they would stay on even with the ignition off.

Another clue is that you can't change the blower speed. Betcha a dollar your blower motor resistor is kaput.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.