Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Friday I posted about poor service from Classic Auto Air. Well today I came home from work to find out my A/C hose has still not shown up. Well time for another phone call. I ask when my hose was shipped out. Their reply "I can not find an order for it". This is really great first they send a bad hose, then they send the wrong hose and now they lose the order. Needless to say I will not be doing any more dealings with them if this ever gets taken care of.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Sorry to hear it Mod...I went with Vintage Air and had nothing but phenomenal service...cancel and order from VA if you can!

Sure fit was $1200 ready to install!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Man, that really stinks. Hope you get it up and running soon(although it won't matter too much in a month wether or not it gets done, it's cooling down around here). ;)

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
CAA answered my a/c bracket questions promptly and sent different bracket the same day. The only shortcoming I experienced is with technical data and installation instructions. No data sheet was provided, and installation instructions were borrowed from a MM&FF article on "how to".

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
CAA responded to my problems the same day as well. I had a leak where 2 hoses join. Not knowing which hose is the culprit, they sent me replacements for both, completely free of charge. I had the new hoses just a couple days after my call.

My local A/C shop tell me they won't touch a Vintage Air system with a 10 foot pole – Won't order one; won't install one. I asked why, and they said it's everything from the plastic housing being thin and cheap to poor fit. Mind you, this is what they said – it's not necessarily my personal opinion. It was however, enough to steer me towards a CAA Perfect Fit system.

I'd suggest you give them a chance to make things right. Everybody drops the ball once in a while – and when we're waiting for a part, we often don't have much in the way of patience. I know I don't! :p I'm sure they'll come through for you...

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
CAA is the only systems my shop uses. We have had pretty good service with them, only once did we have a problem when they didn't send the complete kit needed, but they corrected it in reasonable time once we had notified them. You may want to ask for the manager and inform him of what has been happening, and that this is your daily driver and you need it back up asap. Who knows... you may have got a new sales rep, or worse, one who is on their way out! ::

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I am sorry you are having problems with CAA.

I recently installed their system, sans instructions, and stripped the threads on the aluminum compressor head. Called them, and they set me up to replace just the head, not the compressor.

$100 + shipping both ways got me a new head on the compressor and a new suction hose. Much better than $300+ for a new compressor, which to their credit, they didn't try to sell me. Hopefully, it's just the heat in Tampa causing these problems for you :D.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts