Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my reply to another message just posted, but I thought many would miss it and some could use the info. I'm not an insurance salesman, trust me. But if you are paying too much for the insurance on your vintage Mustang, check out Hagerty. I cannot attest to how well they settle claims - I've had my car for three years and no wrecks (looking for wood to knock on!). Here was my post:

I have Hagerty Classic Car Insurance on my '66 - full coverage for only $120 a year. My local agent took pictures of the car and told me I am limited to 3,000 miles per year. So far I've gone over twice but was under one year and am right at where I'm suppose to be all totalled.

Of course, I live here in Michigan in the sticks - not some ritzy urgan California suburb where cars are wrecked and stolen every 5 seconds (no offense, just some hypebole!). I think my local agent told me about them, but you can check them out at www.hagerty.com (I just looked them up on a web search - they have a '65 mustang on their homepage!).

And if there are any Hagerty adjusters reading this post, I was just kidding about the mileage thing!

Doug

'66 signal flare red coupe with styled steel wheels
289 4bbl. w/ power steering, brakes, and A/C
White interior with a bench seat, deluxe seatbelt option, and an extra seatbelt in the back for my three kids . . .

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have americancollectorsins.com as my insurance provider. $120/year with a 2,500 maximum mileage per year. Just switched to them a few weeks ago so I have no idea how easy they are to work with on claims.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
In B.C , if the car is totally restored to original condition we can get what is called collector plates for around $300 a year CDA which is about $150 US nowdays..No mileage limit as long as you have another vehicle that is insured.

D .G.Cudmore

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Don;

I just insured my GT500 from April til October with collector plates, $1,000,000 liability, $109 CDN license fee included.

[color:blue]68 GT500</font color=blue>
[color:green]68 1/2 CJ Coupe</font color=green>

MCA# 18519

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
First of all, what the heck is a "ritzy urgan California suburb"? Living in a California suburb, I can tell you that my Hagerty insurance policy, including $0 deductible and upgraded liability limits, cost me less than $130 bucks a year. I recently had a rock hit my windshield. Hagerty said "no problem" and paid the full bill for a new Carlite FoMoCo unit. Great service.

Urgan????

Regards,
RagTop
69 Meadowlark Yellow convertible

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by RagTop on 04/16/01 07:32 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
urgan . . . that's how us hicks say "urban." :)

glad to hear that the rates are the same for those of you in california - it's only fair. you guys probably help keep the rates low due to the high volume of classic cars you keep on the road. they are mostly in fields around here.

and in response to the other post, i don't know ("daily driver"). hagerty may restrict my car's use beyond mileage, but i haven't checked (use in parades only, etc.). i don't believe so though. i think their website (and my policy!) would be helpful in explaining that further.

doug
non-urgan dweller

'66 signal flare red coupe with styled steel wheels
289 4bbl. w/ power steering, brakes, and A/C
White interior with a bench seat, deluxe seatbelt option, and an extra seatbelt in the back for my three kids . . .

·
Premium Member
19,191 Posts
I also have Hagerty, and it comes with unlimited mileage. Zero deductable for comprehensive and collision, and matches the coverage of my other two cars. Yup, have to keep it in a locked garage, but I can drive it to work, to shows, to the grocery store, do anything I want...all for $155/year. Midlife was costing $275 every six months from Nationwide. Besides, the gal who I talked to at Hagerty sounded really sweet!

http://clubs.hemmings.com/baymustang/platesmall.jpgLet me check your shorts! My multimeter is just a-waiting! Formerly known as Midlife in the old VMF.
King of the Old Farts *struts*

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Do you know if I could get my son's and daughter's college cars (both mustangs) insured through them. They are not kept in a locked garage obviously.

Food for thought: Just think, If your weren't where you are you would be somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
19,191 Posts
You do need to have daily transportation that is not classic. If these are the cars the kids use to go to college, and is their only source of transportation, Hagerty is not for you.

http://clubs.hemmings.com/baymustang/platesmall.jpgLet me check your shorts! My multimeter is just a-waiting! Formerly known as Midlife in the old VMF.
King of the Old Farts *struts*

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You better check with Haggerty again about driving your car anywhere, any-time, and unlimited mileage. I checked as many insurance agencies that I could find and all including Haggerty had limits. Basically to use the car you had to lie to them. When the time comes that you need the insurance and I don't mean a cracked windshield they might do some investigating and claim insurance fraud on your part. When it comes to insurance plan for the worst and pray.

Michael G.
http://i15.yimg.com/15/7f5aebbb/h/cc7a7703/67MustFrontSpclsmall.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts