·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It looks like they bought out California Mustang...

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Offshore parts are offshore parts. They all come from the same huts. Maybe I'm being a little harsh, nope, never mind.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
let's wait until we see the prices...I don't see them being competitive. I'm sure I will get a good chuckle. I know I do when I look at their other catalogs...another reason to poke fun at my chevy friends.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
So let me see if I got this straight. Last year, Classic Industries buys out California Mustang. All of a sudden, Classic Industries announces they are going to start selling classic Mustang parts. Does California Mustang have long to live under its new ownership?

·
Registered
79 Posts
So let me see if I got this straight. Last year, Classic Industries buys out California Mustang. All of a sudden, Classic Industries announces they are going to start selling classic Mustang parts. Does California Mustang have long to live under its new ownership?
I believe California Mustang actually closed their doors for this. The guy I used to buy from moved over to Classic to work.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
with so many mustang parts suppliers already in existence, they may find the market place tough to deal with. but i will take a wait and see attitude on this.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
I think the biggest benefit this merger will have is the new location in-between Orange County and LA County, for local purchasers. I agree, with many established classic parts houses selling globally for many years, it's gonna be tough to compete in the online market place.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Yah Cal-Mustang sent me 4 hats with my last order with the notice they sold the store to Classic guess they cleared out all their hats. Cal-Mustang had some of the best repros you could buy.

Bob

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
California Mustang's best days were when they were over on Holt in Pomona.
Last thing I bought from them was a set of "Shelby" tri-Y's over in their La Puente
location............ which they got back the next day. Complete Crap.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I can’t speak about the prices yet, but my dad goes to their hub in Huntington Beach for mopar stuff and the times I’ve gone it sucks! It takes forever to get your parts and you can’t call in an order and have them pull it before you arrive. Their system is like the dmv you take a number wait for it, select your parts at the counter and then they pull them and you pay. The whole thing takes at least an hour on weekends. If you live in the LA area it’s much better to drive to Ventura and visit NPD.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I had a hell of a time getting a piece of rear window trim from Classic Industries for my son's Nova. They kept sending the wrong one. I had to take detailed pictures of the part, the package, the car etc. Finally after a few phone calls, they took the part I needed from a complete set they sell and sent it to me with the attitude that they did me a favor by breaking up a set. I was a little saddened when I got a postcard from California Mustang announcing they would be down while they transitioned to Classic Industries. I didn't buy much from California Mustang, but what I did was priced fairly and of good quality.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I used to buy from Cal Mustang a lot, but since I've been working on the car the last 5 years or so, pretty much been using CJs or NPD. The MCA discount at CJs was the main reason for the switch.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
CAL Mustang was the source for Daisy's parts when restored in 1983.
I made a point of going out there (and buying more stuff, of course!). They had military discount and even honored it after I got home and then ordered yet more stuff ;)

Oh well. I will miss them!

·
Vendor
3,587 Posts
CAL Mustang was the source for Daisy's parts when restored in 1983.
Back in the early and mid 80's, California Mustang dominated the Mustang restoration parts market, and we (NPD) were the young newcomers scrambling to take whatever slice of that market we could..

So watching the Cal Mustang name sunset is somewhat strange. Hard to believe we've been at it this many years now...

·
Registered
152 Posts
I had just gotten a harness from them a month or so ago. It was missing a couple of boots and the service rep helped me get the missing pieces pretty quick... Kinda sad to see a long standing name going out of business. I'm anxious to see how the new Classic Industries venture turns out.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Back in the early and mid 80's, California Mustang dominated the Mustang restoration parts market, and we (NPD) were the young newcomers scrambling to take whatever slice of that market we could..

So watching the Cal Mustang name sunset is somewhat strange. Hard to believe we've been at it this many years now...
You guys are doing something right it's a rough market to be in.

Out of all the parts I've ordered from NPD I've never needed to return anything, can't say that about any other vendor including Cal-Mustang they did carry some deluxe interior parts that beat all my expectations.

Folks need to research & do their homework on vintage cars there are too many variations & versions of parts with all the options offered for Mustangs. If I'm not sure I don't hesitate to call. NPD also has great CS. I'd guess 80-90% of customer returns is lack of verifying the part will fit their setup.

Bob

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
When we were in the area last year, I got to spend a "car day" on vacation. I did a tour at chips shop, visited classic industries, socal speed shop up in Pamona, and a couple other places I can't quite recall and even went to a local cruise in in Huntington Beach.

I saw what a few people mentioned, it seemed like a lot of people sitting down waiting for someone to get to them. HOWEVER, if I was local, I think I could handle the wait if that meant I got to get my stuff right then. I do have NPD a couple hours away in NC and have been there multiple times, especially when trying to get matching interior colors, but it was so cool for SO MANY parts places and shops to be in one "local" area. I think when they bring up your name they can see how much you've spent, so I always get treated nice :lol: The counter people have always been super nice to get a couple versions of colors for me, blue is especially a pain in the ***...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Has anyone been buying from Classic Industries? They run constant sales like CJ Pony. Maybe they have better service?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts