1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Man, those are cool! I wonder if they flow as well or better than the HiPo 289 manifolds.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, those are cool! I wonder if they flow as well or better than the HiPo 289 manifolds.
Exactly what I was wondering. The bolt pattern though concerns me. It’s 6 instead of the usual 8. Not sure how that could pan out unless they are skipping one.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m going to call BS on this one unless they have the wrong photo up. Those 6 bolt patterns are what I am seeing on GM Chevrolet’s ???

·
Registered
782 Posts
Exactly what I was wondering. The bolt pattern though concerns me. It’s 6 instead of the usual 8. Not sure how that could pan out unless they are skipping one.
Looks a lot like a Chevy LS style exhaust manifold, and it appears to match the exhaust bolt pattern of an LS style head... I’m thinking it’s a LS swap manifold

Sent from the interwebs... where else?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right
Looks a lot like a Chevy LS style exhaust manifold, and it appears to match the exhaust bolt pattern of an LS style head... I’m thinking it’s a LS swap manifold

Sent from the interwebs... where else?
But you’d think they would state that ?‍♂ Someone listing a Chevy part as fitting a 289/302 is seriously incompetent.

By the way did Anyone notice Mustangs Unlimited went out of business?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Has anyone used these before? I can’t seem to find any reviews. Claims to be a stock USA made fitment, iron intake that would work on my 68 302 heads. I’m getting ready to go to dual exhaust and just saw this set.

Yeah those are LS conversion manifolds. Funny in the entire description it doesn't say once what engine it fits but the model number does have LS in it.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh and those Scott Drake mid length headers look identical to the ones sold on Ebay and amazon for $120. SD just rebadges stuff and marks up the price. You can buy almost 3 sets to the price of the SD marked ones.
That’s lame, but I am learning ??

Saw many well regarded stainless JBA shorty headers that are supposed to fit stock style dual exhaust (flanged). Aside from two of the driver side plugs being hard to get to and some reports of interference with the steering box they don’t sound too terrible for a weekend cruiser. I’m going to have a professional make custom dual exhaust from the headers or manifolds back.

But first the intake swap.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Just keep in mind which gearbox they are referring to as well. Stock or Borgeson or rack and pinion.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I have Sanderson shorties on my 289 with a Z bar AND Borgeson and they fit fine. Just have to install the drivers side from below after you take the z bar off. Only issue is they won't bolt up to a stock exhaust.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts