Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend I visited a classic mustang junkyard in Pontiac, Michigan. The ower/operators are Bob and Lloyd. These guys look like rednecks right out of the hills . . . long hair, baseball caps, cigar clutched between teeth (they have teeth so maybe they are not rednecks from the backwoods after all). Anyway, these guys are in their late 30s, early 40s and have spent about 15-20 years building a collection of cars and parts. They are very honest, nice guys, and extremely helpful to work with. They know all the obscure pieces and how they go together, know what years and models should have what pieces. They have one room with nothing but console, seat belt and door panel parts, another room with radios and instrument panel stuff, got some rim blow steering wheels, wiring harnesses etc. Lots of neat stuff.

anyway, their prices are very low. I got two a-pillar trim pieces for a 70 sportsroof, the door panel to door mounting bracket for deluxe door panels, some 71 ventilation ducting to help with a ram air fabrication, the steering column cover and clip which holds the cover together and onto the column (he knew I would have to cut it shorter for a tilt wheel column), 6 mounting brackets for the rear fold down seat plastic trim pieces (he knew I needed 6) and a 69 cougar remote control outside mirror, all for $100. I have been there off and on for the past 4 years and they always have what I am looking for. They now do mail order, where before they did not do shipping but only in person sales. So, I am posting the info as a "public service announcement". Mustang Parts, 65-73, Bob or Lloyd, (248) 338-0574. They are only open between noon and 4, Fridays and Saturdays. They also trade or buy parts.

I have no $ interest in these folks, but I know the internet ripoff artists which have conned me and appreciate honesty when I find it. Want to pass along this if anyone can profit by it.

sure it's fun (most of the time), but it's only a car.

G

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm from MI originally. Too bad I live in TN now. I'll definitely look them up next time I get up there. That's only about 30 minutes from my parents.

'67 Conv. 289 C-code Frost Turquise
'99 Ford F250 Super Duty 4x4
'01 Ford Escape (wife's car)

G

·
0 Posts
As a Michigander, your post was a pleasant find. Thanks for taking the time to promote those guys. Everyone has to make a living, so I don't get too bent out of shape when I pay stupid prices for parts (I won't tell you what I paid for my tissue dispenser, cigar/map light, etc.). But I'm excited to find those who like to find a good home for their parts and keep these classics on the road.

I have some present needs and little cash flow, so I'll definitely be giving these two toothless bug-eaters a call (oh, you said they have teeth, didn't you?).

Again, thanks for the post.

Doug

'66 signal flare red coupe with styled steel wheels
289 4bbl. w/ PS, PB, AC, white interior with a bench seat, deluxe seatbelt option, an extra seatbelt in the back for my three kids, and a tissue dispenser (good for an extra 15 HP!)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Ken,
Thanks for the info! I've been looking in the state for years for a GOOD Mustang used parts house, but never found one. I've found the con artists and the want to be's parts suppliers with the parts that "should work" but no one with any knowledge.
Thanks again!
Jeff

·
Registered
406 Posts
Thanks for that info Ken. Will definitely give them a call on Friday/Saturday for parts. It's very hard to find good, honest, knowlegeable and fair priced Mustang parts reseller here in Montreal, Canada. Not all but most will try to screw you when they find out you are restoring a classic.

Thanks. Ed

'68 FB GT, Presidential Blue, 302 J-Code, Deluxe Interior, GT Package, factory installed FMX.

G

·
0 Posts
wish we had people like taht down here but instead we got rednecks that just glaze at a computer, tend like they are typing something and say nope we had that last week try again next week, repeat agian!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts