Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have signed up for and got one of the 50 spots to make a Parade Lap around the track. Let's see how that turns out!
The 40 covered spots sold out within 24 hours and the 50 Parade Lap spots sold out shortly after that.
--><-- That image is not showing up on Chrome so I am attaching the image as well. Sorry for those that see it twice.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh oh, they're onto me!

ADDITIONAL CAR SHOW DETAILS

VICTORY LAP
Participants, not in the car, can take "Finish Line" photos as you come by, provided they stay within the designated areas
Pace car will lead the pack at the fastest but safe speed possible
Show Cars may NOT pass the Pace Car
Show Cars may not slow down to then speed up to catch up with the Pace Car

More details at: Benefit Car Shows - Helping the fund raising efforts of Charity and Not for Profit organizations by organizing and helping them run their Benefit Car Shows

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
HaHa - they must have not liked my technique - I slowed to 80 or so in the turns and then shot up to 120 while passing everything BUT the pace vehicle.....

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
HaHa - they must have not liked my technique - I slowed to 80 or so in the turns and then shot up to 120 while passing everything BUT the pace vehicle.....
LOL....As a young man, I got caught in construction traffic on I65 while driving my 65 FB...right next to 69 Mach 1. We would sit and wait until there was a good gap between us then stomp on it to catch up with traffic. We were pretty evenly matched and it seemed like great fun at the time and a way to pass the 45 minutes sitting in traffic.

Nothing real unusual about the story except about 30 years later my Dad revealed that he was sitting in traffic about 5 cars behind me and could barely see and was listening to all the CB chatter (yes, that long ago) about the two red Mustangs facing off.

It made me wonder what other shenanigans I thought I had gotten away with over the years that he really knew about and just chose to let go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts