Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attempted to pressure wash my garage floor today, it's sealed concrete with a few years worth of working on cars gunk all over it. Paint overspray, body schutz, oil, grease, etc... I have a 2000 psi washer I borrowed from a friend, the single stream tip would barely remove the tough spots. Now that I have the garage cleared out, I would like to get it clean. Any ideas for a cleaner to put down or cleaning method?

·
Registered
9,779 Posts
For those oily spots, I use Simple Green, buy the concentrate so you can put down a heavier load. Scrub that in with a stiff bristled broom, let it sit a while, rinse with that power washer.

·
Premium Member
19,169 Posts
There's really only one way to keep it clean: epoxy paint! Now's a great time for you to etch the concrete, let it dry, and then paint it. I know, I know, you want to use a spray gun, but a roller brush is much more effective.

There's really nothing to clean soaked-in oil that has permeated deep within the concrete, so just cover it up. The epoxy paint will make your floor easy to clean in the future.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Heck, if Go-Jo will get grease out of a white shirt...it may help you out on the garage floor (I could be wrong) and it couldn't hurt. I still need to clean mine but it is still full.

Hope the projects are going well,

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I own a Janitor's Supply House. Go to one in your area (yellow pages), Brame or Jan Pak in your area. Get a gallon of their best Butyl based degreaser. Follow the instructions.
Or go to Home Depot and get some TSP. Mix it with Tide POWDER and use that.

More is not better. Use just enough to clean or you'll never get it rinsed. If you want to etch the floor to coat it, you gotta rinse it well.

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts