Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a weird clicking noise from the center of my car maybe from the rear when i accelerate from a stop when the car has just started. what happens when the u-joints get old, should i replace them and what size are they on a 73 vert f code 302 w/ auto c4. greffins auto parts sell 3-1/4 or 3-1/2 u-joints for a 73 HELP

·
Registered
657 Posts
I am sure they would be the same as mine. I replaced them about a year and a half ago, but I think I kept the box because I went through the same thing. Let me see if I can find it and I will post the info for you if no one else gives you an answer first.

G

·
0 Posts
Also interested in what you come up w about that clicking noise from middle of car. Just had the rear end done over about a year ago & don't know where to begin looking.---Thanks. Frank.

·
Registered
657 Posts
My car does have a clicking noise, but it is from my aluminum wheels when I turn corners. They move slightly on the hubs and I can hear it at low speed turns.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Still looking for the box. What I did on mine was took off the U-joint and took it in with me. If I can't find the box you are going to have to take that route. Should be able to let you know one way or the other today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts