Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found these three items today.

The clip on the left appears original, but not sure what for as the sending wire for the fuel sensor comes in from the right IIRC. Not sure about the two screws, they held a 1/16-3/32" thick plastic strip/layer in place on the tank side of the flange based on the remnants...

???

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
The clip on the driver's side is for the fuel. Originally they were kind of a drab olive green. On some cars with courtesy group, which includes some Shelbys, they used a plastic cover to hold up the wiring to the sender instead of the typical clips. I've never seen screws holding it though, they just snap over the flange. If you have the electrical assembly manual it shows it on the courtesy group page.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Which car is this on?

As Tim mentioned there are a number of things that may be found but it would help if we had a bit more info (like the low fuel sender?)

If it didn't have the courtesy package San Jose cars typically used three clip on slips for the sender wire.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
'early '68 (Dec 20th build) San Jose S code GT coupe. No convenience/courtesy group or low fuel noted on Marti. No evidence of either in the car, but it was pretty disassembled when I got it.

I have seen the shield Tim notes in the FAM, but it is on the other side of the lip as far as I can tell, forward edge, not in the area where the tank sits. The rubber/plastic remnants are on the tank side. Unsure if the tank is original, but do not think so, so these could be some odd "creative" PO add on for some unknown purpose... ???

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
dalorzo_f said:
'early '68 (Dec 20th build) San Jose S code GT coupe. No convenience/courtesy group or low fuel noted on Marti. No evidence of either in the car, but it was pretty disassembled when I got it.
From about the same period as your car

Here is a shot of a really nice original car - 8R02J124710 - showing the area of discussion

And one from 8R01T131815 showing the fuel line clip

Hope this helps a little

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Jeff. Are thse clips on the wire the same as the ones used on the inside of the rear seat 1/4 area to hold the wire loom to the metal? Hard to see and neither car of mine had them.... not sure what to use as the part number in the FAM does not correlate to the AMK Guide to Ford Fasteners...

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
dalorzo_f said:
........ Are thse clips on the wire the same as the ones used on the inside of the rear seat 1/4 area to hold the wire loom to the metal? ..........

You guys are spoiled ;) (good thing the wife is an understand one.

Sheet metal- black rubber coated clips

1 - 7 of 7 Posts