Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing somebody post about a place to have a clock or tach repaired. I have searched for the post but not able to find it. Anybody have any recommendations on a place to repair a tach?

Runk

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
I and others have had Tachman repair tachometers. Their service is OK, as far as the work goes but also, the owner (Gary) is a little rough on the edges, slow and expensive.

I personally am going to take my tachometer here next time, as they are relatively close to me.

G

·
0 Posts
Rough around the edges is a step up, slow is a compliment as is expensive. After 4 months I think all I accomplished is to throw away close to $300 & my factory Spoiler tach. He's been very mean to me lately. His work I've seen done for a friend is above belief though VERY good quality.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
If a guy acts like that towards you,don't do business with him.I don't care if he's the last guy on earth who can fix it,it's not worth it to be mistreated.Try the Clock Doc.He did a quartz conversion to my rally pac and I was very pleased with the results.The clock keeps perfect time even if the car hasn't been started for months.He also reconditioned the clock dial to look like new.He has two methods of restoring the clock dial,if it's slightly faded,he uses a mild acid wash to make it look new again(that's all mine required and it looks brand new).If it's heavily faded,he has a silk screen template(or something like that),to repaint the dial.I was impressed because he could easily have charged for repainting the dial and I wouldn't have known the difference.Turn around time was only a week or two,if I remember correctly,and they were pleasant,professional,and kept their promises.Who would you rather deal with?Their phone number is 931-924-8888,located in Monteagle,Tennessee.Hope this helps....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts