Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I know, needs a little more work. Not sure how long its going to last as I'm utilizing SWMBO's patio furnature!!!

Am finally on my way to upgrading my engine with a few performance goodies! I'm a ways away, but its a start.

Cloney, if you are wondering, the point of the post is I'm restoring the Holley 600 carb and after soaking it for a week in carb cleaner, spending hours studying the holley carb book, disassembling the unit, understanding how it works, and cleaning the gouk off.....I'm ready to rebuild it.

So, I thought I'd see how the new headers, 4V intake and air cleaner jive together. Next pic will be those parts installed on a REAL engine! LOL! Well, gotta go...I'm the birthday boy today, hit the big 4-0! :p

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
is that a Hipo Mexican bench ?

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Happy birthday!!! we had a party for one of my sons today as he will be 16 on Tuesday.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For all ya guys wondering about the stool and bench dynos...I'm wonderin about them too! :: I do know the bench stool compression tests out to 200 butt lbs! Nooo, not SWMBO's!!! ::

I did get to drive my buddy's 55 Chebby tonight at the bday party. He restored it recently for his wife and did a very neat job on the body. It's really a nice ride with a muncie 4spd behind a mild 327. I do know THIS engine will give it a run for the money though....

P.S. Knightshade: The heads were ported several years back with a 40 grit belt sander followed by an 80 grit polishing treatment. As you can see, the paint is a little worn, needing a fresh coat of Ford Redwood Red!

C6fastback, yes its a HIPO sealed grain Mexican Redwood Block! No knots to leak fluids either! ::

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Great line.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Might I point out that engines for your year mustang were not painted red ! ::

As you're building a restomod, I guess we can forgive you.

Did you bench balance it? Are the nail holes chamfered? You used shot peened nails, right? You can never be to careful with engine construction.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts