Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 14 year old cousin was killed a year ago today in a car wreck. Back in about 1987, my uncle was also killed in a car wreck the same day. I should have stayed home today, but no...

On my way to my friends house after work, I noticed my brake pedal was almost going to the floor before I'd get any stopping power, and even then I barely got any. I went to Discount and got some brake fluid. When I got to her house, I popped the top off the master cylinder, and one of the cylinders was BONE DRY. And that's not an exagerration.

To make things worse, it STORMED today. I was driving in the rain with almost no brakes. Then I got soaked putting the fluid in.

On top of everything, I'm pretty sure the lightning fried my CD player. What a day /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Glad you didn't carry on the family legacy! You need to find the source of the leak in your brake system and bleed the lines. You probably have some air in the system after going dry.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Glad you found the problem before anyone got hurt. But, starting next year, I'd stay home. Sometimes we can create self-fulfilling prophecies by focusing on the very thing we'd like to avoid. In this case, you can't do that if safely ensconced in an easy chair.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts