Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Moderatly Old Fart
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of folks have mentioned interest in having a picnic at the trolley museum in South Elgin.

http://foxtrolley.org/

There is a wooded picnic area at the other end of the line with real facilities such as a shelter and bathrooms!

http://www.co.kane.il.us/ForestPreserve/fp/jon_duerr.asp

We could get a picnic permit and have the place to ourselves.

Now the museum has agreed to a group rate for us of 20% off.

And did I mention that they can position the trains so we can take pictures of our cars next to them?

Does this sound like an idea?? Any Saturday or Sunday when the museum is in operation should work.

[zim64half] Note: we have picked Sunday July 29 for this event ... see below...

·
Moderatly Old Fart
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks like the picnic will be Sunday, July 29.

My spouse person will check with the county to see if a picnic permit is available for that day. If so she will go get it on Monday. There is lots of parking and facilities.

It looks like the trains can be staged close by for photos. And we get a group rate.

Who is in??? And how many??

·
2,695 Posts
Is there a place to cook at the park? Or should I bring my little smokey joe Weber grill?

Lets all bring a dish to share too.

I can volunteer to bring the cheese burgers.

-Zim

·
Registered
850 Posts
Uh, have we settled on the time? and who's bringing what? I can't make it until about 2 or earlier if I just bring my son and the wife shows up later with my daughter who has a b-day party at 12.

I can make my brocholi slaw salad.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
We will try our best to make it, but will be after Church around 12:30-1:00.

·
2,695 Posts
11:00 should work well.

I assume we will be there for a while, so all you latecomers will still find us there I'm sure.

I was already planning on bringing burgers, cheese, & buns. I will watch here to see what everyone else is doing though.

-Zim

·
Registered
850 Posts
I talked to Ned Beatty ( Dave I think, sorry man I'm lousy with names) last night at Plainfield and he say he and the wife + kids are planning to Show.

Saw Paul and Elaine from across the street but I was on my way out so I didn't get a chance to talk. had to enter the raffel for the firebird.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I'm sorry but I'm going to miss this one. :( We are leaving for Alaska (for a 2-week tour) on August 3, so this weekend is already full with last minute chores. Have fun and I'll take lots of pics if anyone is interested.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts