Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM THINKING OF CONVERTING MY C4 AUTO TO A TREMEC 5 SPEED. I PRICED A CLUTCH PEDAL ARM ONLY FROM A CLASSIC SALVAGE YARD. $125. IS THIS A GOOD DEAL OR A RIP. I AM GOING WITH A HYDRAULIC CLUTCH SETUP, SO I THINK THIS IS ALL I WOULD NEED AS FAR AS LINKAGE, RIGHT? ALSO NEED A RT FRONT FENDER FOR A 66. THEY QOUTED ME $275 FOR RUST AND DAMAGE FREE ORIGINAL FENDER. AGAIN, IS THIS REASONABLE?

·
Registered
21,076 Posts
A rip on the rod. Are you really going to buy a 36 year old piece of linkage that's worn? Go with a cable or hydraulic if you're not into the resto scene. or you can convert to a more common 65 style.

I bought a NOS 66 rod for $75.00 years ago but I could have sworn that just recently seeing the 66 rod being repro'd. Or just make your own, get two spherical ends and a round stock. Check out Bob's Shelby ( the admin. for this site) and see what I mean. I was thinking of doing the same on my 66 when I put my 4 spd in.

As for fenders? You can get brand new ones off of Ford tooling for not too much more.

·
Registered
403 Posts
If you are talking about the pedals (clutch and brake) and support bracket with the return spring, that is not too bad of a price from a salvage yard. I was quoted over $200 from a salvage yard, so I went to eehay and paid like $80. You can save a bit going to a private party, but $125 is fair considering their overhead.

Glenn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts