Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
McQuiver would have been proud and I thought I would share this with each of you....

Recently, I found my original clutch aduster bar was not going to work with my system any longer. It was too short and I ran out of threads when I attempted to dial in my clutch pivot arm and the equalizer bar. I suspect the problem is due to the new z-bar I used since I switched to HiPo exhausts.

So, I was looking at the problem and determined I needed at least another 1/2" of threads and contemplated my next step. I happened across an old M/C bar from the 74 Maverick M/C I purchased. The "hole" end was exactly the same size I needed...only because I modified this "union" to include a bronze bushing for better wear resistance. The "bar" end happened to be the precise outer dimension for the threads I needed to screw into the plunger. So, I brought out my tap/die set and went to work on the long shaft. Ended up with needing to cut about a 3/4" off in length after I was complete but it looks great!

Installed everything, adjusted the clutch and works perfect! Instead of NOS, I call this "DOS" = "Don's Original Stock"... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Nice job. You gotta love the no cost fixes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts