Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 65 mustang auto..changing over to a stick.can i get away with just buying 2 new pedals.in bracket under the dash the same for both

·
Spammer Hammer
10,798 Posts
Bracket is the same for both. I would also suggest a roller conversion kit from Mustang Steve or the one from Scott Drake if you don’t have a welder. You will also need to buy the clutch assist spring and the padded clutch pedal stop.

BTW, there is a entire slew of other parts you need for the conversion.

·
Dimples
5,659 Posts
Patrick nailed it. The MustangSteve roller bearing clutch pedal is a dream. While you're at it, if you don't have power brakes and are interested, his power brake swap using a 4cyl fox body mustang booster is great as well.

·
Registered
21,332 Posts
Me too, Mustang Steve bearing kit. You can ship him the pedal hanger and he'll weld the bearing cups on. I made my own clutch linkage too. Cheap and easy. Special tools consisted of a tape measure, marker, hacksaw, file and a 3/8"x20 die. You can get a cheap tap & die set from HF.

·
Registered
564 Posts
You don't need to replace the brake pedal, it can be trimmed with and abrasive wheel and a new pad installed. This video may help you understand whats involved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts