Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for all the info on this. Seems to be somewhat confusing. If I understand the input from 70sportroof and kevinstang, all I have to do is add a clutch pedal (anyone got one for sale?) to my existing PDB (auto) pedal assy, and cut down the steel PAD to fit a new rubber pad. Correct?? What about (I read somewhere) about a spring return mount?
One other question if someone could help. I'm going to order a new center section in the next few days. Any input about a "Trutrac" Vs a detroit locker? And where is the best place to buy from. (O.K., two questions) TIA, ken

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
You are correct about just adding the clutch pedal and cutting down the existing brake pedal.

What type of clutch are you going to use? If you're going with a hydraulic clutch, you don't use the clutch return spring, so you won't need the mount for the spring. If you're trying to go with a more "original" z-bar type set up, you'll need both the clutch spring and it's mount. To install the mount, you'll likely have to remove pedal hanger.

I've never heard of a "trutrack", unless it's the modified open rears that we discussed last week. I would go with a Traction-lok or detroit locker, myself. The modified open rears just sounds like trouble waiting to happen, to me.

·
Registered
'69 Mustang coupe...331, Fox / Explorer EFI, TK3550, MDL, SoT, TCP, Fays2 Watts, 94-04 Cobra discs
492 Posts
what if you've currently got manual drum brakes? i'd like to go aftermarket discs eventually, maybe power discs...is a PDB pedal required or merely an adjustable master cylinder push rod?

what about a cable clutch kit for the 5 speed swap planned for the future as well?

nate

1 - 3 of 3 Posts