Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
so you had a problem with your pp bolts and I had a problem with my flywheel bolts being too high. I wonder what it would have sounded like on a car with both problems
Probably pretty horrible. Mine was make an incredible racket when it was adjusted correctly.

v/r
Tony

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
I can't tell, do you have the block plate installed ? The would push the bellhousing back giving a smidge more clearance.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Guess it's a known issue with the BB cars. Got this response from the RAM rep:

"Antonio - those are the correct bolts, but in the BB apps the lever clearance is tighter than most SB apps. Two options, or a combo, you can try first removing the star washers under the bolts and see if this gives you adequate clearance, if not we have a shaved bolt we can send you to install.

If you choose to do this, make sure you hold up on the lever when you pull the bolt out, as there are shims underneath between the cover and the yoke that holds the lever in place. A drop of Loctite on the bolts will retain them fine.

If you would like the shorter bolts, send me your shipping info and I'll have them sent out
."

Live and learn I guess.

Thanks everyone for the help!

v/r
Tony

·
Registered
9,214 Posts
^ I'll say. That's pretty cheesy.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Don't you just love it when a relatively straight forward job goes south! Seems like the right answer is to shorten the fulcrum a hair so you don't have to dick with clutch plates any more, that assumes you have the extra threads on the adjustment and clearance in the bellhousing opening where the lever exits the housing...

GOod luck

21 - 28 of 28 Posts