Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 351C in a 67 coupe. What clutch linkage should I be using? I have the z-bar and related assembly from a 289, but I'm having issues with clearing the steering box, and with having enough travel for the clutch to work properly. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt K.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Is the z-bar from a 67? The engine dosen't have much to do with the steering box. Thats there no matter which engine is in the car.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure that the assembly I've got is going to work. What parts should I look for to make this work? Is going to a cable clutch a valid option?

thanks,

matt k.

G

·
There are some differences in 67 and 70-73 Cleveland powered mustangs. If your linkage is from a 71-73 mustang, the differences will be greatest. I do agree with another poster that if your linkage is from a 67 mustang, it might work. A hydraulic or cable system could be your answer since it uses the fewest existing parts and allows for a more universal application. Good Luck.

http://a4.cpimg.com/image/1C/74/15534364-5531-02000180-.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts