Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually don't post stuff like this but it's relevant for all of you buying parts for your Stangs.

o March 26th - I place an order w/ CJ's for some seal and a dome light assembly for my 70 coupe.

o March 27th - Get the dreaded 'Delayed Shipment' email stating the seal shipped but that the dome light was backordered and would ship separately. But whatever, "b/c COVID right?" And besides the website said it would arrive or was due in 1 April So what's a couple days, right?

o Come 1 April, NADA, Zip, Zilch, Nothing, etc.

o April 17th - Get another email from them that now says it would arrive (to them) or was due in 7 Jun.

o Come June 7th,
NADA, Zip, Zilch, Nothing, etc.

This isn't what really irks me, what really pisses me off IS THAT I CAN'T EVEN GET A HOLD OF ANYONE TO DISCUSS THE MATTER!!!!!! In fact there was a thread a while back on here about lack of comms w/ them & I even think I posted a pic of my phone showing a hold time of about 45 mins or so before I finally gave up.

Earlier this week after recognizing my previous futile attempts to contact them via phone I tried the site chat. Lo & behold I never could get a hold of a rep even using the chat function. Instead I had the privilege of trying to squeeze any intel out of the 'automated chat bot' chingadera.

Now, I will say that I have not been charged yet for the dome light assembly (b/c I think I'd be contacting my bank at this point). But the annoyance of not actually speaking w/ someone (or even receiving automated emails from them) is really what burns me (that and I've waited 3 months for this stupid part). As far as the COVID excuse, well that's worn thin by now IMO. I am the Chief Paralegal for a federal law firm that spans several states and we've maintained comms and have held litigation remotely, shared files, etc. Phone lines can be forwarded, chat programs can be done remotely, and automated email w/ estimated ship/receive dates can be done autonomously.

Anyhoo, rant over. About to cancel my order b/c the due date seems to continuously be pushed right by these cats.

Just wanted to advise some of y'all of my experience this order (and really to rant a bit as well), your mileage may vary (YMMV).

Joe

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and PS. after getting off the chat box crap I sent an email the other day...no contact there either. Not even an automated 'we received your inquiry email' :cautious:

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'm pretty lucky with them, so here are my recommendations.

1) Don't bother with the Chatbot. It's a waste of time.
2) If you want an ETA or to cancel, use their "Contact Us" button and fill out their for with all of the important info (including order number). I always get a response within a day or 2, but I avoid ordering backordered parts these days as supply chain is a wreck right now. Especially if I need anything soon.
3) If you want to tell someone over the phone you want to cancel or get an ETA, call them at 8A their time. I talked to them on Tuesday and was on hold for about 30 seconds.

Before you cancel, I'd make sure you can get it from somewhere else. Otherwise, you give up your place in line an whatever pricing you're locked in at. I suspect you'll find it's sold out with most, if not all, vendors.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
I ordered a single groove water pump pulley from them at the beginning of this year. Showed "In Stock", but after I ordered it, the "Ordered Cancelled" email showed up. I finally ordered one from Kentucky Mustang...same exact part and manufacturer. It showed up two days later wile CJ's still shows the part on back order. Go figure that one out.

·
Premium Member
6,664 Posts
I haven't ordered any new parts from any company other than NPD or Virginia Classic Mustang for a few years now. Nooooo problems.

·
Registered
1971 302 C4 auto convertible, Grabber Blue/white/white
153 Posts
I am staring at a bunch of CJ backordered stuff too, that was IN STOCK when I placed the order, then they sent me door knobs from 2 different vendors and they didn’t match, one had a frozen knob and was defective.. I sent pictures and full explaination, and they sent me two mismatched door knobs again. At least out of the pile, I can create one matched set that works…and the backordered a defective door handle, and the other side door handle also back ordered, as well as other items.

And the NPD stuff, inventory selection is a little thinner, but BAM, it shows up reliably like clockwork every time so thanks NPD!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Took two months for a reply to an email I sent in this spring. Reply was useless. The "we'll call you back to order" phone option yielded a call back to me nearly 24 hrs later. Just hope they eventually get the staffing they need to get back normal again. If not they may go under.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Just hope they eventually get the staffing they need to get back normal again. If not they may go under.
They had issues like these before covid...they're using it as a convenient scapegoat now.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I have sent them regular emails on a some parts I have on back order now for about 2 months. The backorder is on the vender side which I have confirmed with the vender. It usually takes them a day of two to get back with me via email, but they always do. Calling CJ is a different story. Don't expect to actually talk to someone if you try.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Earlier this week after recognizing my previous futile attempts to contact them via phone I tried the site chat. Lo & behold I never could get a hold of a rep even using the chat function. Instead I had the privilege of trying to squeeze any intel out of the 'automated chat bot' chingadera.
I have nothing constructive to add, just wanted to thank you for reminding me of the word "chingadera." :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
11,144 Posts

·
Registered
10,497 Posts
This has been happening at CJ's for decades.

It is far worse for us who live out of the US. Multiple shipments across the border gets expensive!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
What am I missing here ? CJ’s gets all these lousy customer service PR reports, yet people keep ordering from them.

Z
What I find funny (to me) is that most of these posts about cjs are generally from newer members or those with very few posts according to their post counts. Those that have been around here for some time etc. have a good grasp on their issues dating back years, (pre-covid for those of you playing along ;) ) and have learned what customer service is worth.

Wonder where the member that has direct contact with their new president/ceo is? Haven't seen any of his hallelujah posts lately?

John

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've ordered from CJ's for years without any issues........

Until two weeks ago. I wanted something overnight that was in stock. Website clearly states orders placed before 5pm ship the same day. Well, they waited two days to ship it when I paid 4 times as much for shipping as the part was listed for. Called, left a message, emailed, waited on hold, nothing. A week and a half later they sent me an email thanking me for my purchase and saying they are sorry that I hadn't gotten in touch with them. So it was somehow my fault they screwed me and then ignored the issue afterwards.

In the end it wasn't much money ($5 part and $25 for shipping) but they lost yet another high paying customer to screw me out of and extra $20. So long CJ's.

·
Registered
176 Posts
YUP, after my order of new seat cushions ordered back in March, was delayed and then canceled, then reordered,(all by CJs) they were not going to show up until August!!!
Complete BS, especially since they showed in stock when ordered. So spent 47 minutes on hold to finally talk with a real person and canceled my order, never to give them a $0.10 again!!!
Went on NPD, ordered the same cushions and had them by the end of the week!

Their management team needs to pull their head out of their fourth point of contact and read some of these forums...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts