Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of all the silly little things to ask...

Do any of ya'll have a good picture of the coat hook location on a 65/66 coupe? I finally got a pair to put in there, but don't remember exactly where they're supposed to go, and I can't seem to be able to feel around for a hole through the headliner. Maybe I'm not checking in the right spot. It's been 15 years since I took 'em off, so the memory is a bit rusty. And I don't want any false attempts at putting a hole in that headliner. I hate headliner installs.....

Thanks!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't have a picture, but when I found what I thought to be the general vicinity, I located the hole with a very fine sewing needle. I made a number of holes in the headliner before I found the spot. It left no noticible marks. Good luck. Dave.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Try a needle (tiny hole) to final locate the hole once you get a measurement.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Right at the top of the qtr window, just up from the edge of the headliner.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I just checked mine and no coat hooks. Must have been removed by a prior owner in the past.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everybody.

Found the holes about an inch above the wind lace, and directly above the top "point" of the quarter window. Used the sewing needle to verify. So now I got coat hooks again and no extra holes in the headliner. :)

Thanks again,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts