Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Anyone know how much should I pay for a 65 Cobra intake (smal COBRA letter, not the big ones) I think that this intake is rare and $$$ higher, is that true?

Help!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
IIRC, there are some clues, which normally are hidden, which can tell you the pedigree of the intake...

IMO, if original and in decent shape, 400.00 wouldn't be out of line...

You might search the archives on this subject...the resto gurus have had many comments on this in the past...

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Unless something has changed in the last 5-6 years there were no reproduction small-lettered Cobra intakes. There are a couple of variations of originals, but I can't recall the details at the moment. I think it was in the vacuum port configuration and a rear crankcase pressure vent plate... I can't remember!!! 5-6 Years ago, if you found one for $500 you counted yourself lucky. Asking prices went from there to a high of $850, but most were in the $500-700 range. The horsepower advantages of EFI really killed the value on most aluminum intake manifolds. The small-letter Cobra intake plateau'd for a while, but it didn't get any cheaper. 4 years ago, I gave $700 for a very nice, but very dirty, example. I don't think I paid too much. Then again, I try not to counter-think of such things; I do too much of that anyway, and end up just driving myself nuts in anguish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts