Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Unless something has changed in the last 5-6 years there were no reproduction small-lettered Cobra intakes. There are a couple of variations of originals, but I can't recall the details at the moment. I think it was in the vacuum port configuration and a rear crankcase pressure vent plate... I can't remember!!! 5-6 Years ago, if you found one for $500 you counted yourself lucky. Asking prices went from there to a high of $850, but most were in the $500-700 range. The horsepower advantages of EFI really killed the value on most aluminum intake manifolds. The small-letter Cobra intake plateau'd for a while, but it didn't get any cheaper. 4 years ago, I gave $700 for a very nice, but very dirty, example. I don't think I paid too much. Then again, I try not to counter-think of such things; I do too much of that anyway, and end up just driving myself nuts in anguish.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.