Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been re-building a Contemporary Cobra for a friend. I went thru the 427 S/O, transmission and the front suspension. The engine was dynoed and has 570HP and 600 ft pounds of Tq and the car weighs in at less than 2000#. No Desktop Dyno theories......

I drove it for the first time yesterday and it is the fastest car I have ever been in. I have owned quite a few dedicated race cars, but this car is scary fast! I step on the gas and next thing I know is that the car is sideways, the tires are spinning and the engine is turning 6800 RPM....

After taking 2 test rides in it, I pulled it back into my garage and I don't think I'll drive it anymore...It is just too fast! I'll let my friend drive it from now on, when he comes in for the Woodward Cruise.

Gary <whew> ::

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is about all I can upload.......

http://www.network54.com/Realm/tmp/1091907545.JPG

·
Registered
409 Posts
Look's very nice, that is the only color for a cobra in my opinion.
Scary fast, seems like you hit the nail on the head for replicating the original.

Don

·
Registered
846 Posts
All I get is the red X too.

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Driving a 427 dual quad sideoiler with a 4 spd toploader back from the upolster shop, I went to pass a car, floored it, and just about ended up in the opposite ditch!!! Cobras are fun, but give them tons of respect...they really do bite!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts