Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an engine. A 289 apart, but it has some interesting parts. One is a Holley 4B carb. The instruction sheet that came with the carb shows it as a 4150. One feature is a center fuel inlet that the prior owner suggested was some sort of racing carb that won't starve for fuel on RH or LH turns, etc. The instruction sheet say's it fits: "65-67 Mustang 8cyl, Cobra, GT350 289 eng. Some writing on the sheet has a P/N: CT-195A and Ford #C822-9A586-E Does this make any sense to you? I'll tell you a good story about the motor when I have the time. Thanks in advance for your interest and help.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Look at the front of the choke air horn on the carb and post the numbers found

Greg B

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK...here's what's on the carb. The little stack that holds the choke portion (manual choke BTW) has this stamped on it

S2MS-9510-A
LIST-3295-1

The 3/4" blocks sandwiched between the float bowls and carb body have '4560' on the front and '4756' on the back (assuming the linkage is on the driver's side of the carb)

The manifold that came with the motor says:

COBRA

S2MS 9424A

...and the fioring order on it.

......does it look real, or some aftermarket stuff?

....my apology for any typos: this forum comes thru as about 6pt type that's all broken up.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
thats a 65-67 shelby carb. the intake is the fairly common 66 shelby intake. although both are repro-d i would think they are more than likely original. i would be interested in the pair if you are going to sell it. ive seen ebay bring around 200 ish for the carb and about the same for the intake in typical used condition more if its in nice unmodified condition............

[email protected]
[color:green]www.ang67must.com</font color=green>

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Appears that you have a carb and intake off a 66 Shelby. The carb is dated correctly for the 66 and is the more difficult of the two to find. These were also available as a kit across the counter. For a decent price I too would be interested but of course this is not the place to put items for sale ;)

Jeff Speegle
MCA Shelby Gold Card

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/6473
Mustang & Shelby research, documentation

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1609818&a=12284202&p=44925357&Sequence=7&res=high.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! Ya, I'll probably sell this and the other parts of this engine off. The story is: the motor came from a '16 DONZI built in 1966 by Shephard Boats in Ontario. They made them under license to DONZI and that's why there's so many vintage boats up North. The rumor among the folks up there was they bought motors directly from Ford, but there's no way to confirm.

The other interesting part is the heads are off and that usual lip at the top ofa well worn cylinder is not there. (maybe 289's don't have this problem) I suspect that since the Summers are short, this motor didn't see much use. I have all the major parts. I got the engine to re-power my '66 boat with a proper motor but instead left the 302 in it - then sold it?!

I'll put together a list of pieces for the F/S column. Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts