Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a repop that could take a couple measurements for me? basically I want to know the depth from the flange to the bottom of the pan on the back end (near the crossmember).

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Rowdy,

I can do so, just will not be able to get to it until Friday if that works for you.
My pan is a circa 2008 Tony Branda sbf unit.
Just let me know if that works for you.

Pat

·
Premium Member
12,933 Posts
Anyone with a repop that could take a couple measurements for me? basically I want to know the depth from the flange to the bottom of the pan on the back end (near the crossmember).
Are you worried about it hitting the crossmember ? It won't as long as the engine mounts are stock.

Z

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you worried about it hitting the crossmember ? It won't as long as the engine mounts are stock.

Z
Therein lies the issue! I've got RM's 1/2in lowered mounts. I know your crossmember provides me a touch more room than the stock one, but I'm afraid it's still going to be tight.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Rowdy,

Food for thought.
We are running a CobraAmerica cross member. Not for clearance but rather it has two additional mounting points, attaches to the lower a-arm mounts, as well as the frame.
Paid 135 or so 10 years back.

I believe it also increased pan clearance.
Does not accommodate most rack and pinnon setups.

We did not have any fitment issues with the t-pan at the crossmember.
Though our MM's are at stock height.

I will get you those measurements on Friday.

·
Premium Member
12,933 Posts
Therein lies the issue! I've got RM's 1/2in lowered mounts. I know your crossmember provides me a touch more room than the stock one, but I'm afraid it's still going to be tight.
If you have my crossmember, the Cobra lettered oil pan, either original or reproduction, will fit FINE even with the Ron Morris 1/2" lowering mounts.

Note: the reproduction 1965 fuel pump with cannister filter is going to hit the Cobra oil pan. The repro '65 fuel pump is longer than the originals. Poor planning on whoever designed it.

Z

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Here's the broad measurements from Tony Branda:
Cobra Cast Aluminum Oil Pan (289 - 302)

I have a repo Branda 289/302 COBRA pan and the locations under the bolt heads on my pan shown on the blue note at 5.0" closer to the sump and 4.75" below the next bolt hole rearward.

Note: these measurements are from the top flange surface, where it mates with the bottom of the block, to the bottom of the pan.

Attachments

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you have my crossmember, the Cobra lettered oil pan, either original or reproduction, will fit FINE even with the Ron Morris 1/2" lowering mounts.

Note: the reproduction 1965 fuel pump with cannister filter is going to hit the Cobra oil pan. The repro '65 fuel pump is longer than the originals. Poor planning on whoever designed it.

Z
Thanks Z!

The fuel pump is a non issue as there isn't a mechanical one on the car anymore!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts