Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new coil ignition i was just wondering if advance auto parts one are just good as the any other.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Most parts stores sell several brands of coils . They probably have MSD , Accel or Crane avail as well as their main ignition line . Go with the premium coil as the price is not that much more .

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
532 Posts
Just my opinion,of course but get an ORIGINAL yellow top Ford coil( not a repo ). Very ,very reliable and will perform as well as most of the gypos. I've solved a few ignition problems by simply putting a stock Ford coil back in the car. Also, be sure it is the coil causing the problem,whatever the problem is......Good luck with your car's ignition .

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
As the other guys said, any coil will work. If you're strapped for cash badly, a simple stock replacement will work fine. Any aftermarket brands are simply up to preference, they're all good. I favor MSD but others like Accel and Pertronix. I know Advance has MSD Blaster II coils and Accel in stock, not sure about Pertronix. In the end, you really can't go wrong.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
am planning to go with accel. msd is to much ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts