Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally unwrapped the underdash harness and found the "pink" wire. It is connected to the firewall plug as it should be. Both the 65 and 66 diagrams show this connects to the starter switch. My question is how!! The pink wire continues back to the fuse box area. I haven't unwrapped it that far, but it does continue beyound the switch area and accross the back of the gauges. I have the ignition wire that is supose to connect to the pink wire and it was wired direct to the coil via resistor block. I am trying to get it back the way it is suppose to be. thanks for the help.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
By "starter switch" you mean ignition switch, right? It should connect, not from your fuse box, but from a main disconnect junction at your firewall directly to your ignition switch, where it would connect via a bullet connector (aka snap connector). It shouldn't go anywhere else!

Steve

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and where would that main juction be located? Yes I meant ignition switch.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
I'm working from memory at the moment, but there's two, one to the left of the steering column, and one on the upper right of the column.. They're easy to find.... it's a big square plug with a bunch of wires going into it. Again working from memory, I believe the one you want is the upper right. You *should* see the pink wire again.

If you don't have it already, pick up the Osborn reprint of the electrical assembly manual. It'll be helpful for routing your harness.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts