Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Used the Chris Alston (TCP) coilovers on tubular control arms and was not happy, at all, with the height of car. Since I wasn't exactly impressed with the customer service dept., who basically had no ideas, I took matters into my own hands.
See if GT289 can see the change, not just to the coilovers.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
I see what you did there.

It's a shame that these companies charge top dollar for garbage parts that require you to be able to fab your own stuff to get it to work right.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
The setup shown above is a different animal than SoT. The SoT eliminates the upper A-arm and changes the geometry significantly. The TCP kit is basically a coil-over replacement for the stock shock. It doesn't change geometry but gives you ride height adjustment and the equivalent of roller spring perches.

I have something similar I fabbed up myself using QA1 shocks.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The setup shown above is a different animal than SoT. The SoT eliminates the upper A-arm and changes the geometry significantly. The TCP kit is basically a coil-over replacement for the stock shock. It doesn't change geometry but gives you ride height adjustment and the equivalent of roller spring perches.

I have something similar I fabbed up myself using QA1 shocks.
The SoT setup doesn't eliminate the upper A-arm.. but the coil-over does mount to the lower A-arm instead of the upper. I do think this is better setup because it gives the shock a lot more travel than when the shock is mounted on the upper A... not to mention the improved geometry.

-Shannon

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
The SoT setup doesn't eliminate the upper A-arm.. but the coil-over does mount to the lower A-arm instead of the upper. I do think this is better setup because it gives the shock a lot more travel than when the shock is mounted on the upper A... not to mention the improved geometry.

-Shannon
good catch, I stand corrected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts