Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coker Tire 700406 - Coker Maxxis MA-1 Tires
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
COK-700406
Tire, Maxxis MA-1, 205/70-14, Radial, S Speed Rating, 1,433 lbs. Maximum Load, Whitewall, Each
(Mfr. #: 700406)
[/FONT]

So I ordered new tires (five to include spare) from Coker (mostly based on the name).
What arrived are five cheap Taiwan M&S (Mud and Snow) tires.... :mad:

So, like the Cimarron that trashed the Cadillac name for decades, Coker has sullied their good name.
Pity. SMH

·
Registered
308 Posts
I bought those same Maxxis tires in 2016 for Diane and at the time, they were, and still are, great. I'm sad to see that Coker has apparently gone downhill.
As Riley used to say, "What a revoltin' development this is!"
I hope you have recourse.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They already arrived. I'm sure they are fine - but now see so many cheaper alternatives. SMH

·
Registered
308 Posts
I don't know - - "cheaper" isn't always better. These Maxxis from Coker (via Summit where I saved a few dollars) are nice and I'm going to use one as the spare since I'm mounting Cooper Ultra 215 60 15s and 225 60 15s soon. Those were just over $500 for the 4.

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
I'm wondering how the tire that arrived is different than the description used to sell it. I mean is it the wrong item or buyer error?

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Both.
Ad does not say M&S tires. Ad picture (fine print) says "picture may not represent actual tires."
Me? A bit more research revealed many other wsw tires in my size for less money (and no worse than Taiwanese cheap tires Coker re-badged...). I should have asked here for new recommendations since the Optimo tire is out of production...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts