Hooray, today I finished wetsanding the roof and doors of the stang - the last pieces to be sanded as part of colorsanding my new paint job. The paint was applied in September, so the clear coat was pretty hard. In some spots I started with 400 grit! anyway, after two days of sanding this is great news. My arms can use the break. Tomorrow its polishing time then back to the engine compartment. I started with 600 for most spots, went to 1000, then 2000, then 3000 grit. Tomorrow I will use 5 different MaGuaires polishes, then wax the entire car. This is a real milestone since it has taken me about 6 months to get this far. Hey, it's starting to look like a car. I have until tuesday or wednesday of next week to make this my daily driver, since my insurance company insists I return my rental car by that date (they totalled out my Dodge which was stolen and recovered). I'm taking photos so once again, with the help of fulthrottle and others, I might be able to get something posted for viewing. I have an interesting camera angle looking out my second story window and down onto the car. Thanks for letting me share the joy of getting this part done. Oh yes, all of engine accessory mounting problems went away when I changed back to the original style water pump (driver's side outlet). Now the front of the engine is all chrome and stainless steel.
sure it's fun, but it's only a car.