Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I don't really want to complain about this site already, but I had been a member of ThirdGen (until I traded the 3rd for a stang) so here I am using this site today and there are a couple things that made that site more user friendly.
#1 When someone responded to your post, the system would send you an e-mail letting you know.

#2 When you responded to someone elses post and then there was a response back to you or comment after you left, you would get an email.

#3 Everytime a response to a post hit, It would place the last responded to post at the top of the board.

All of these things made it much easier to have a thread that could be considered a hot topic to keep popping back up, and for you to realize when someone was responding to a question you had, instead of having to re-log browse until you find the thread you posted and open it to see if there are any newe comments. Now I see there is a favorite thread button and I imagine this might locate a series of threads I may want to revisit. Is there anything else I am not understanding about this board that may make it easier to use. Is there some kin dof set up I can do to get these things like email notification? Oh and by the way you guys have some beautiful stangs in your Sigs, I am Jealous and eager to make mine look as good!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
#3 Everytime a response to a post hit, It would place the last responded to post at the top of the board
Oh dear god, no! ::

Not again.... :p

(youll know what i mean later :p )

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Go to "My Home" and check the box to get e-mail notifications (and don't mention pop to top again). ;)

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
#1 When someone responded to your post, the system would send you an e-mail letting you know.

#2 When you responded to someone elses post and then there was a response back to you or comment after you left, you would get an email.
Go to "My Home" at the top of the page. You can set it so you recieve an email notifying a reply to your thread/post.

#3 Everytime a response to a post hit, It would place the last responded to post at the top of the board.
No, not again...please!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
We did have posts with move to the top when someone responed (For one day) and it was determined that the majority of VMF users did not like this feature, so Bob has taken it off.

I personally do not like the pop to the top feature.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Wait untill he posts a hot topic and get 25-35 email response's !!!!! ::
maybe then he will understand.

·
7,024 Posts
I know Bob set up Pop to the top for at least one day one time. Everyone freaked until they remembered what day it was. It was April 1st.

The best April fools joke in VMF history.

Phil

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
this forum is about as perfect a communication vehicle can get as evidence by the LARGE amount of users and the OVERWHELMING number of daily threads. One of the bright moments of my day is to hit the "VMF FORUM" favorites button. it doesn't get any better than this....

randy ::

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahhhh grasshopper. Listen to the old winds (okay old farts) and you will learn much. Block the winds with your hand and no sound will be heard.

Not bad uh??? Made that up myself. :D :D

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Don't want to flame the newbie, but after being on many different forums, this one I stick to...Very user friendly...

Hey if your RTFM you will see how this site does all of what you want except p2p which is evil and nasty anyway...

Oh and RTFM means for those who don't know "Read the Friendly Manual"....So get your mind out of the guttar....

Mel ::

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
this forum is about as perfect a communication vehicle can get as evidence by the LARGE amount of users and the OVERWHELMING number of daily threads.
Hey bosssss - hate to tell you this, but the FORD FOCUS forum does over 3 times the volume of this one - and that's just talking about Foci!!! :) :: ::

This forum ain't "perfect". It works because of the people! (in SPITE of the finky way it's set up!) ;)

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Project67 -

Thank You for an excellent, well-written, positive suggestion for improvement! NEVER feel like you have to apologize for asking ANY question or making ANY suggestion concerning this site!!!

Those who fear change immediately and invariably "JUMP" on anyone who dares suggest improvements - don't let them beat you down!!! It's ridiculous that anyone with a VALID suggestion should end up apologizing!!!

As mentioned, suggestions #1 & #2 can be taken care of by changes to your profile ("My Home" at the top of the page). Suggestion #3 requires a culture change on the part of VMF - too many "old dogs" here to teach a "new trick" - after all, do you think anyone driving a 35 year old car LIKES change! :: ;)

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
this forum is about as perfect a communication vehicle can get as evidence by the LARGE amount of users and the OVERWHELMING number of daily threads.
Hey bosssss - hate to tell you this, but the FORD FOCUS forum does over 3 times the volume of this one - and that's just talking about Foci!!! :) :: ::

This forum ain't "perfect". It works because of the people! (in SPITE of the finky way it's set up!) ;)

well, yeah, but thats about Foci! :p LOL

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
James,
Sounds like everyone's helped you out here so I'll just offer a warm welcome. Hope you'll post a pic of your project soon.

Got any car questions? I'm bored tonight ...*G*

Enjoy your stay!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
havent we covered this?
Yes, but the topic keeps getting lost on the 5th page, every 12 hours or so ... hmmmmm.
And that was my point about #3 which sound slike you guys have hashed out a few times. Cool thanks for the tips. Don't worry any flames won't discourage me from responding or asking more (what may appear to some as) dumb questions, after all the Marine corps didn't train me to run away from a fight. LOL ::

1 - 19 of 19 Posts