Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this cam setup in my 289 for exactly 393 miles before I spun a rod bearing. Didn't need it for the new motor, so time to sell it. It was properly broken in, sounded great and had great response. $250 for everything.

Camshaft: Comp Cams Xtreme Energy XE262H
- RPM Range: 1300 to 5600
- Valve Timing: 0.006
- Lobe separation (degrees): 110
- Intake Centerline (degrees): 106
- Valve Lash: Hydraulic
- Duration: Intake 262/Exhaust 270
- Duration @ .050" Lift: Intake 218/Exhaust 224
- Valve Lift: Intake 0.493/Exhaust 0.5
- Lobe Lift: Intake 0.309/Exhaust 0.313

Springs: Comp 942-16. Properly paired for the cam. Single spring with inner damper spring.

Lifters: Comp 832-16. Properly labeled when removed to be reused with the cam.

Pushrods: High Energy Pushrods: 5/16" Diameter, 6.881" Length

Valve stem seals are also included.

I'm asking $250 for everything but I'll entertain reasonable offers to part the kit out.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
What the 289 otherwise stock? Did you use stock heads? How was the idle with this cam?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What the 289 otherwise stock? Did you use stock heads? How was the idle with this cam?
Yes. 289 was completely stock otherwise. Stock heads and stock 4bbl intake. Idle was great... sounded good and was responsive right away. I have a few videos of it running somewhere... let me see if I can dig it up.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Yes. 289 was completely stock otherwise. Stock heads and stock 4bbl intake. Idle was great... sounded good and was responsive right away. I have a few videos of it running somewhere... let me see if I can dig it up.
Thanks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It appears all my videos of the previous engine are on my old phone... Which is fighting me tooth and nail to extract them. I have a friend who believes he can help this weekend... so hopefully video soon.

-Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts