Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Ron here from Pittsburgh. I'm selling the Lincoln Versailles rear disc brakes (for 9" big bearing rear axle) that have been on my '66 Mustang. Rotors are in great shape. Calipers, mounting brackets, pads and flex lines included, as is the intermediate flex line - all in great shape. 28 spline axles also included. Bearings seem fine. Caliper brackets are installed on the axles. Slide the axles in your housing and you’re ready to go. When I bought the Lincoln rear in 1999 I had these rotors turned and they have held up beautifully. Calipers were bought new by me as were the flex hoses and pads. These parts were on my car for about 5,000 miles over 17 years. Below ( if I can post a pic ) is a diagram of the big bearing housing showing the dimensions of the rear these will fit. Price is $200 for everything. Shipping is extra of course.

The only reason I am selling this setup is I have upgraded my brakes to a setup from Street or Track, as I am getting my car ready for some road course fun. The Granada front disc setup I was using is already gone.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isn’t anyone upgrading their rear brakes to discs while the toy is put away for winter?

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Fallen out of favor. Usually attributed to parts non-availability.
I got rid of mine last year after having it on the car since 1985/6.

Someone will undoubtedly come around and buy it though.....

ex-Global West GM
1991-1995

·
Super Moderator
8,840 Posts
There are much better options available today,.....but someone on a tight budget will be glad to have it. :wink:

·
Premium Member
9,520 Posts
As I read the original ad the sale only includes the axles, calipers, caliper brackets and rotors. No housing. Perhaps potential purchasers are unsure if these parts will fit on their existing housing. The axles are non-standard, specifically made for the matching calipers and brackets.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hear ya - all someone has to do is look up the length of their axles and see if they have the same dimensions as Versailles axles. If their rear is narrower they can cut down the Versailles axles. The price is as cheap as can be - the calipers alone were $180 for the pair back in the late 1990’s. Someone who is handy can get a real bargain here. Even better for them if they’re somewhat local. If I didn’t upgrade to a 550 horse small block i would have kept this setup - it worked great. I just needed more whoa in front and back so I can have fun on track.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts