Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Stage 3 comes with the big brakes, what is the offset needed for the wheels front and back, and how wide can they get without a problem?

Are mounts for a 460 available and are the spring rates adjusted for that?

·
Vendor
460 Posts
Since the Stage 3 comes with the big brakes, what is the offset needed for the wheels front and back, and how wide can they get without a problem?

Are mounts for a 460 available and are the spring rates adjusted for that?

Just to clarify, since I saw some of the posts in your build thread. Our suspension has nothing to do with an MII. It is a complete clean sheet of paper design by our engineers.

The '67-'70 cars spec out as follows with our suspension/rearend:

Front = 8" wide wheel, 4.75" backspace, 245 wide tire
Rear = 56.5 width axle(axle flange to axle flange), 9.5" wide wheel, 5" backspace, 285 tire

The 460 engine mounts are a work in progress right now. They will be finalized shortly. In order to make sure we provide you with the proper spring rate we will ask a number of questions at the time of the order.

If you haven't already, make sure to talk to Rusty @ RGP. He is getting a crash course on our parts with the magazine build.

-J

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response. No worries on the MII battle. It means nothing to me. I've looked at your product and. Compared installations to the others and I've found yours to appear to be the most straight forward and not require years of fabrication background to make work. Seems all to be pretty straight forward.

I'll be in touch in the next couple months when I return home.

What is the lead time for a full kit?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Just to clarify, since I saw some of the posts in your build thread. Our suspension has nothing to do with an MII. It is a complete clean sheet of paper design by our engineers.

The '67-'70 cars spec out as follows with our suspension/rearend:

Front = 8" wide wheel, 4.75" backspace, 245 wide tire
Rear = 56.5 width axle(axle flange to axle flange), 9.5" wide wheel, 5" backspace, 285 tire

The 460 engine mounts are a work in progress right now. They will be finalized shortly. In order to make sure we provide you with the proper spring rate we will ask a number of questions at the time of the order.

If you haven't already, make sure to talk to Rusty @ RGP. He is getting a crash course on our parts with the magazine build.

-J
what diameter wheel are you using?

·
Vendor
460 Posts
Thanks for the quick response. No worries on the MII battle. It means nothing to me. I've looked at your product and. Compared installations to the others and I've found yours to appear to be the most straight forward and not require years of fabrication background to make work. Seems all to be pretty straight forward.

I'll be in touch in the next couple months when I return home.

What is the lead time for a full kit?
7-10 days right now
We are bringing on some extra help so lead times will be shorter by then.

what diameter wheel are you using?

17" or 18" will work with those tire sizes. Any smaller and you start having too much flex in the sidewall, any taller and the ride comfort goes away

I have a copy of your order on my desk Pat, I'll be keeping an eye on when it ships.

-J

·
Registered
860 Posts
7-10 days right now
We are bringing on some extra help so lead times will be shorter by then.

17" or 18" will work with those tire sizes. Any smaller and you start having too much flex in the sidewall, any taller and the ride comfort goes away

I have a copy of your order on my desk Pat, I'll be keeping an eye on when it ships.

-J
Thanks Josh, I cannot wait to get the project underway.:thumbsup: Josh, with running the 390 instead of the 460, what oil pan do I need?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts