Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on one of those small local shuttle buses today (no not special ed!) Next to the driver was a panel with 4 lights. They would light up sequentially depending on how hard the driver pushed on the brake. I had a great idea for using one of these units, but I cant find them anywhere online. From what I could make out, the panel on the front said VELMA, but a google search showed up nothing. Anyone heard of these or have any information on them? thanks
!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
A bus has most likely got air brakes, so the indicators will show how much air pressure is being used,,Over the road trucks have an actual guage that shows available pressure and the amount being used for braking at each instance,,BTW are you thinking some type of sequential tail lighting? ,,Cool Idea if so

·
Registered
39,016 Posts
Another option would be to use a cheap aftermarket fully electronic trailer brake controller. An adjustable internal pendulum is attached to a rheostat which supplies current of varying amounts depending on how far the pendulum swings, which depends on the deceleration rate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.