Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have sold some strange things on eBay, no question. (Bought a few, too.) But I have set a new personal high- or low-water mark.

I just sold *two* toilets. Used. (Clean and like-new, but used.) To a guy who is driving 300+ miles tomorrow to pick them up.

Any toppers? ::

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have never actually sold anything on Ebay but I have witnessed:

A carrot shaped like an "unmentionable" body part :p :p
And a bike that was painted on the ground With white paint. (complete with a guy laying on the ground that looked like he was riding the bike.) ::

Ebay is good for some laughs.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Hey, how old were those toilets? I have one sitting in a shed that I was going to try to give away, but you've got me thinking now. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Is the buyer's name John?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If they are the "older" 5 gallon per flush , I could see it!
Nope, 1.6's that I hated - they'd clog on a booger rag. We remodeled two bathrooms and I put in Briggs vacuum-flushers that will swallow an elephant.

It was the tearouts from the two bathrooms - toilets, vanities, tops, faucets, light fixtures. I got a wowzer $1.99, but I'm just joyed not to have to put them out for disposal. I hate wasting good, usable stuff. The guy who got them is just jazzed to get cheap parts for his remodel... everything is in good "daily driver" shape, needs a little paint and polish is all.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
$1.99 !!

Maybe I will just give mine away after all. :p

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
He's driving 300+ miles for $2 worth of stuff? They must be impossible to find around his area. That's stuff I'd do. I'll spend $20 in gas to save $25 in shipping. :)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, he just left. He wants the stuff to remodel two rental units, which is about what I figured. New stuff, even Home Depot's cheapest, would have set him back a good $1k... so his $1.99 plus $30-40 in gas (BIG pickup) plus the time to refurb and refresh the vanities adds up to around $75 an hour.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts