Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped in a tire shop yesterday, and looked at Cragar SS & ARE TT II's (for about the tenth time, LOL!!!). And the owner told me that Cragar's being a composite rim (steel rim & aluminum center) are next to impossible to balance, and "if" he were me, he'd go with the TT II's. He also said he couldn't understand how Cragar could keep making them. I like the looks of both (if case someone missed my earlier post, LOL!), but $$$ being an object I would like to go with the Cragar for the price difference.

My fastback is nowhere near a show car, and when I do drive it to work it is only about 2 miles away, but I do like to "open" it up from time to time on the long way home late at night, so I do want something that is going ride fairly smooth.....Is he tryin' to yank my wallet for an extra $300, or is there any truth to what is saying??

HELP!!!!

Dan
65 FASTBACK

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Can you say 300.00???? I think he is looking to sell the expesive wheels I have had cragars on cars before and never had a problem with balance. John

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John, Thats what I thought. How could something be around for 30+ years, and not be any good?

I will be shopping else where for my rims!!!!!!

Dan
65 FASTBACK

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Maybe he's not very good at balancing wheels/tires!!

Maybe he's not using the correct type weights, although it's difficult to screw up with stick-on weights...

Sounds like he's trying to push you into the more expensive wheels.

I'd try another shop. If not to find someone willing to work with you, but to compare prices.

[color:blue]
1967 Acapulco Blue coupe
302 4V, C4, 9" 3.25:1
Torq-Thrust "D" 225-60-14
1968 PDB, Corbeau
LeCarra, Alpine in-dash CD
http://www.geocities.com/mlnielsen_67/index.htm
WEBSITE UPDATED 2/28/01
</font color=blue>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts