Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I'm restoring my 1965 mustang and let's just say I'm down to the wire lol. Anyways I have a few wires that I'm confused by and cannot find in the wiring directory. I will be posting two pictures ..In one picture I cannot find anywhere where this would plug . I have wired several mustangs in the past and this is the first that I have seen this in a new wiring harness. Then the other picture is courtesy light wires but they have two eyes on them like they are meant for ground but they aren't ground wires because they are always hot. I'm concerned because none of my new courtesy lights are working not a single one. Everything is wired correctly and all bulbs are new everything is grounded. I have looked through the jim Osborn wiring guide and cannot figure this out. I've also replaced the fuse to no luck..Everything else is working great and as it should

·
Registered
840 Posts
The second picture looks like the fog light harness. Not sure about the first one.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
The only thing on a 65 that I can find with the BLUE/BLACK wiring is a clock on the Rally-Pac.

·
Premium Member
12,066 Posts
The pink wire with the male bullet is the infamous, high resistance Pink Wire. It plugs into a short wire about 4" long on the back of the ignition switch. I believe it is a green/red stripe wire.

·
Registered
840 Posts
The only thing on a 65 that I can find with the BLUE/BLACK wiring is a clock on the Rally-Pac.
Doesn’t that wire run from the courtesy light switch to the clock?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Blue with black tracer is wire #22-power to the rally pack clock, or its # 477-power to the fog light breaker.

Quicksilver66 is correct. The triple plug goes to the fog lights if you have them.

The pink wire (#16A) should connect to wire #16 (red with green stripe) if you don't have a rally pack, or black #57 going to the tack, if you do have one.

All the courtesy lights should be a blue with red stripe

The PDF below is for a 66 but I think it should be very similar.

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The pink wire I don't need I'm running msd ignition box, coil, and distributor....I'm running an original 66 shelby tach that will be hooked up tomorrow....no fog lights so I'll put it to the side still can't figure out the courtesy lights ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
if the blue/black wires have eye loop connectors on them my guess would be that they are for the fog light breaker which is normally mounted on one of the bolts for the wiper bracket. that would also make sense with the fog light switch plug also being unidentified.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts