Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,779 Posts
HUH? You are putting the spindels, tie rods, disks, master cylinder from a Granada on it. About the only thing you really need is either a 65/66 Mustang 8" or 9" rear end, or the 8" or 9"rear end out of the Granada.

·
Registered
9,779 Posts
I meant that there is a special tie-rod that fits the Granada spindle and yet threads into the Mustang tie rod sleeve.
And, with a home made adapter, you can put the Granada M/C on. However, there are alternatives.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
The special tie rod is only for 65/6 with v8 AND power steering and is for the drivers outer tierod . You will also need the 65/6 inner tie rods , sleeves and centerlink . This is if you are using manual steering .

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I had to use the outer granada tie rod and the granada adjusting sleeve with the mustang inner tie rod. But, my car is already a V8. You might want to check out mustangsteve.com and see if he has an adaptor or something for the 6 cyl cars. The regular stuff might fit anyway, without an adaptor. Check out the links section on the mainpage here and see if someone will have what you need...good luck. One more thing...ain't no way those 14" wheels are going to fit over the granada snout on the rotors. Grab the granada wheels (all 4 probably) or you will have a serious wheel issue! I had to have my snout turned down just to fit the 15X7 chrome wheels I have on there. Only cost about $20 to turn both snouts down if you bring them the rotors (without bearing or grease preferably) and a wheel to measure, that's if you use aftermarket wheels that don't fit or something.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Coming from another 6 owner, consider replacing your front end with V8 mustang parts. Sturdier, and will mate up better to the Granada components. There are companies that make disc brake kits for the 4 lug spindles.

Personally, what I'm doing is swapping toa V8 front end, and then buying a good brake kit. A little more expensive, but I figure brakes are worth the money.

Slade

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
For manual steering, you will need the V8 pitman arm, idler arm, and drag link. You can use V8 Mustang inner tie rod ends, Granada outer tie rod ends.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts