Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at your customized cars and I am confused about one thing. If I was to buy a brand new automobile today it would be a 2003 model. The liscence plate would expire in one year It would read 2004.
Why do so many of your cars with "original" plates expire the same year as the model year. 1966 mustang with plates that say 66?? it seems to me the plates would say 67 if they were original
MPB

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
MrEcology, the problem is that your brain expired in '67 when you were run over by your dad's car. We could explain it to you but those carbon monoxide fumes destroyed way too much of your brain, and you simply don't have enough brain cells left to comprehend it.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
The idea here, MrEcology, is to proudly display what year your car IS. In fact, having the "1966" or "1968" as it is on my car is illegal, so is MKerkes'. But we don't care.

And if it matters, my plate has a 1969 sticker on it as well. So nyah.

·
Registered
656 Posts
My car may be a 1969 model, but it was built in september of 1968 and first bought later in 1968. Therefore, the original tag would have read 1969 for an expiration. Pretty soon (probably next month) if you were to buy a brand new car it could be a 2004 model which will have a 2004 expiration on the tabs. So it DOES make sense.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I am gonna tell you something that was passed down to me from my father who got it from his father...

Son, someone needs to sit you down and take a big crap on you. ... and when they are done, you will realize that life doesn't always smell like roses, and you don't always get your way. If you got your way, you wouldn't have crap all over you.

Also, may a big yellow taxi take everyone you know, AWAY!
(and if the Lord has a sense of humor, it will be an old checker cab that wouldn't pass emmissions if you put the tail pipe sniffer in the next county)

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
This misguided individule was just trying to participate...He can't help his hippy roots....

He thinks like all the rest of the Green Peacers....With a bit of logic mixed up with a few but not all the facts all stirred up with an attitude that saving an animal like the kangaroo mouse or a plant that you couldn't kill with crude oil if far better than quality of life for the masses....

He can't help it if he was raised this way...

My point leave MrEcology along and let him live in his own little world. Why? Because they know him there....

Mel ::

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
Hey EEky baby!! You mean you wouldn't put a vintage plate on your fartercycle. You could give it a personalized name. Obviously, you dropped a bit of acid way back when :: :: but your could get "BURNOUT :: or BADTRIP :: I bet you have a rack in the trunk of that Dart behind you to carry the "cycle". Your plate could read treehug! :: or greenpiece...a little play on a word! Ride on. Think it will make it to Woodstock?? EZYRIDR!! ::

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I think times have changed MrEcology. I believe that the plates used to be what year they were issued, not what year they were expired. It probably even varied by state.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Agree. Here in NC it was that way.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I assume that your real alter ego wants to know the answer to this question but doesn't want to ask it himself. So here is an answer:

States used to issue plates every year or two. In Massachusetts, the plate issued in 1964 was green background with white lettering. That plate was used for two years until 1966 when it was replaced with one using a dark red background and white lettering (IIRC).

Thus, under our "year of manufacture" plate regulation a 1965 Mustang would use the 1964 plate, since that was the most recent year of issue. A 1966 Mustang would use the 1966 plate, and so on. Any of these plates would also have a registration expiration sticker on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts