Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 66 with ac. Purchased all new wiring for console and am wondering if it's correct. Purchased underdash wiring and it has 3 female ends that connect to console wiring. (Grn/yel, blk/rd, blk/blu).
Problem is that my console only has 2 male ends (blk/blu and blk)
Obviously blk/blu connect together and I'm assuming I make a ground wire for the black.
Do I ignore the grn/yel because I don't have the stowage compartment light because the car has this removed due to a/c. Yes , I have looked at some diagrams, just want to make sure.

·
Registered
9,015 Posts
"Obviously blk/blu connect together and I'm assuming I make a ground wire for the black."

There should be Three Female ends. The Blk/Blu wires (2 female ends connected) both plug into the light rear console light connectors. The (1) remaining Black Female end plugs into a separate wire with a male connector on one end, and metal loop GND type connector on the other. This BLK wire gets screwed to the Rear Console Lamp body as a GND wire.

If you have 3 Males ends, just Ignore the Green wire or Blk/Green wire. That is for the Console Glovebox light.

The correct wire harness should just have 2 male ends if its for an '65-'66 A/C console. A '65-'66 Non-A/C console is obviously 3 Male ends, with the Green or GRN/Blk wire being the extra wire for the Long Console Glovebox light.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts