Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't have the time or the money.... clock is ticking and im contemplating just selling out.. how much do you think i can get?

for more details of WHY read the bottom

- 1967 mustang coupe
- 289 2v, works, unknown shape
- Very good cond dual exhaust, looks almost new
- c4 transmission, supposedly rebuilt, new stall, probably needs a little work though
- Brand new front suspension with the ProMotorsports negative wedge kit. Rebuilt powersteering. (0 miles on front suspension and steering).
- Upgraded to 71 front disk brakes, brand new calipers, rotors, bearings, pads, clips, hoses etc
- Body is in good shape, just eliminated the only real rust problem with some short fronts butt welded in and the floor has a coat of por15 (along with the inner fender area)
- Fenders need some fixing
- Front and rear valences are only metal that needs replacing now, along with hood. I have a good set of turn signal inserts i got though.
- Body needs a repaint, currently has a coat of krylon hiding a 10 year old red oxide primer job and keeping it from rusting.
- Interior is stripped, needs complete redo.
- front trim and all chrome needs to be replaced, stainless stuff is good though

Have these parts:
- brand new hurst quarterstick shifter
- tan leather racing seats, look a lot like thos corbue types, holes for the racing harnesses.
- 6 T3 turbos, 2 are 0.63 exhaust
- grant mohagane rim wheel, aluminum 3 spoke
- aluminum centerline convo-pro's, 4 inch front, 8 inch rear
- autoguage tach
- complete fan to flywheel 88 mass air 5.0 engine
- MegaSquirt EFI computer
- pedal setup for a manual transmission and power brakes with the booster

Car is a project car for sure. It needs a paint job and body work and i cant afford to do what i want and also do 100 hours of bodywork and all. I'm thinking a Honda CBR motorcycle would be nice if i could sell out and scrape enough together. Still in contemplation stage though.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I hate to read that. My car is in a similar state. All I have to show for real progress is my wanna be model in the sig pic. And I never have enough money to get the car going. I'll just keep plunking along slowly but slowly. Don't give up the forum, even if you sell. You are a very valuable part of VMF, please stick around.

G

·
0 Posts
Iwould be interested in one of those turbos with the .63 a/r exhaust intake i have one and want one more for my 351w But i think you sould stay in and work it out and still sell me one of those turbos If not do you know where i can get another one many thanks What else would you spend you money on than women pick the mustang youlle be happier in the future. Just kidding was young once. But dont sell your dream sold my first car and regret it till this day hang in there good luck Leroy P.S. which part of CA do you live

·
Registered
781 Posts
Don't do it man... Don't give up on your dreams!!! Do you really think by the time you get to be my age that you will look back and say man that Honda was a sweet ride compared to your Mustang??? NOT!!!! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif My first car was a 70 Mustang coupe that I bought from the original owner, later I swaped out the 302 for a 351 C4v, and then the 3 spd. for a w/r toploader 4spd!!! I have owned many cars in my life including a 69 Grande which I sold to buy my 70 Vert!!! Of all the cars, my Mustang is still the best and most fun!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
Even though I do enjoy crusing in my Lincoln 32V V8 hehehe, ( I think it has about the same HP as my cleveland, but not nearly the rush!!! hehehe) Keep the Faith, work hard, and ask the folks if they like to make a charitable contribution to a Very Worthy Cause, or at least a small loan to get you on the road!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
JDiehl
70 76B Convert 351 C4v w/a shaker!!!!!

·
Administrator
19,342 Posts
You've sure worked your butt off to get this far. It'd be a shame to burn out now. If you really, really have to get out of it, you should consider at least making it a driver. You'll get a better price if it at least can move itself around the block and resembles a car. The market isn't great for half done cars. Most people prefer one that is just run down.
Restomodding a car isn't actually a practical thing to do. Everybody seems to end up with a car that cost more to build than it's worth. For a teen with limited resources I think you've done very well so far. If the project is overpowering you, it may be that you have to let it go.
I hope you can manage to keep on, but if not you always try again another time. Lots of VMFers are older guys who are now redoing the car they wanted when they were teens. I'm one. Even if I had an old Mustang when I was a teen I wouldn't have been able to do much with it. At one point when I was married with kids, I sold a 68. Not because I didn't want it but because I wasn't able to restore it like it needed. I sold it to someone who could.
Figure out what you have to do, need to do and what you want to do. In that order, and go from there.

Umm, and IF you start selling stuff you WILL give me first shot at the .063's, won't you? Who's your buddy? Who's your pal? Seriously, I'll pay shipping too. I just can't help myself.
GypsyR

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Don't do it!!!!!!!!!! You'll regret it later, and you know it. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Keep it, give it some more time. Make a plan, spread the work out, and just do what you can, when you can. Got a job? Ask for a raise. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Just imagine what it's going to be like when it's done. Just imagine!!! *G* And, if you do sell out, which you're not going to do (*G*), put me down for one of the .63 T3's. (in case someone changes their mind...then if they both do, then I'll take both of em.) /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Good luck.

·
Registered
143 Posts
GypsyR hit the nail on the head. You will get pennies on the dollar for the car and parts in it's present condition and you should put the old 289 in and make it run and drive before trying to unload. It sounds like you have almost everything you will need (except time?) to get it running and the time you spend will pay off bigtime, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I heard someone was selling T3 turbos in this post, any left /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Seriously, consider how far you have come before giving up. When I was 17 my '67 coupe was in one piece, but what a piece /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif. You have a much better start than I did at 17. By the sound of it you're not too far from getting it on the road.

Why don't you use your programming and web design skills to make some extra cash?

Good luck, we sure would hate to see you leave the family.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the goal was to have a nice car for senior year... now ill be VERY lucky to have it for college. once school starts up im swamped

as for web design and programming, i dont know enough programming to make money at it right now, and everybody and their brother makes web pages. Mustangs kinda took the place of the computer in my life... computers dont promise much because everyone does it now.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I understand about being swamped that part can be tough, my vert has been taken apart for over a week now.

As far as the Web design and programming go, it may seem like everyone and their brother is doing that, but there are lots of small (1-20 employee) companies that can't find anyone build and maintain sites for them. They can't afford to spend thousands on a web page, they just need someone who can do something basic at a reasonable cost. I'm not exagerating about the cost of web pages either, look at my main page at www.bluefinger.net, I paid $1,500 for that with a discount through a friend, and had to wait months for it to be done. I have customers all the time who want small sites made or changes made and can't find anyone to do it, the big companies tend to forget about the little guy.

Anyway, I don't mean to preach, I just hope you can find a way to stay in the hobby. I left for a couple years and really missed it.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1.5k for that? that probably took all of 5 hours to make.... i could do something like that for $100 and be happy :p

im VERY rusty on web page stuff though.. by the time i gave up on it they came out with a lot more technologies that i never learned (flash for instance)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts