Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Administrator
13,026 Posts
How can you think this is a flaky ad? It's posted by "theshelbystore"! Now if I can only find my checkbook. LOL
Stan

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Your first post was an FYI about your Mustang business. Perhaps it was also a thinly veiled ad, but that's open to interpretation.

If this is one of your company's products (and the ebay listing indicates that it is), this thread is a straight up ad and doesn't belong in the main forum. For posts like this please buy a classifieds ad and submit it to the proper section.

Thank you.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Oh, this is one of YOURS!
Sorry guy - like comparing a Rolex to a Timex. Looks like something from American Hotrod (not a good thing).

It'll sell though; and probably for what you want. But so will an gold-trimmed, color-shifting Escalade rolling on 26" spinning dubs. And guess what... Niether of them are a Shelby.

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
That has all the class, style and flair of mouldy bread. It looks like your outfit is living up to what we have come to expect from 'continuation car' leeches.

First of all, if it's a Shelby and will be in the registry, why isn't there an SFMXXXXXX VIN?

The windshield lettering just screams class.

The gaudy seat appointments are also a particularly telling detail of your lousy taste.

'Wilhelm White and Timothy Blue'? Get over yourselves.

You've created a marginal restomod at best.

Oh, and this will be your last free ad on VMF. You want to advertise your bastardization of a car on here again, you'll have to pay for it.

As a Shelby owner myself, you morons sucking at the tit of Shelby's legacy make me sick. You'd think with the opportunity you've been given (license from Shelby) you wouldn't squander it in creating such a compromised interpretation of the original. Who's your target market, rap stars?

The good news is, all you do is drive up the price of the originals. Certainly part of this is due to the fact that anyone who truly appreciates Shelby's real history wouldn't want to get stuck with a piece of **** like the one you've created.

-bob

·
Administrator
13,026 Posts
That has all the class, style and flair of mouldy bread. It looks like your outfit is living up to what we have come to expect from 'continuation car' leeches.
First of all, if it's a Shelby and will be in the registry, why isn't there an SFMXXXXXX VIN?
The windshield lettering just screams class.
The gaudy seat appointments are also a particularly telling detail of your lousy taste.
'Wilhelm White and Timothy Blue'? Get over yourselves.
You've created a marginal restomod at best.
Oh, and this will be your last free ad on VMF. You want to advertise your bastardization of a car on here again, you'll have to pay for it.
As a Shelby owner myself, you morons sucking at the tit of Shelby's legacy make me sick. You'd think with the opportunity you've been given (license from Shelby) you wouldn't squander it in creating such a compromised interpretation of the original. Who's your target market, rap stars?
The good news is, all you do is drive up the price of the originals. Certainly part of this is due to the fact that anyone who truly appreciates Shelby's real history wouldn't want to get stuck with a piece of **** like the one you've created.-bob
So Bob, what do you really think? LOL
I couldn't have said it better!!
Stan

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Thanks Bob, ill be posting my cars 4-sale here in the future also.
This is great since i dont need to support you, and I get free listings.
I suggest everyone do the same before Bob catches on.
Now if i just had a car to sell...I do have an original Betty Crocker toaster, works on one side only.
Starting bid at $6.40
p.s. I get all the bid money,Sorri Bob ,you get nuttin.

·
Registered
8,369 Posts
I think I'll sell mine as a Continuation R Model since I have the vented rear window and "Horsepower adding headers"

Think of the cash I could rake in :biggrin:

I don't have a Shelby and it still chaps my ass when I see cars listed as such when they are just another Restomod :pissed:
Now, where's that cream?

·
Administrator
19,524 Posts
What's the hp on the toaster? Less than the original model?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Due to the very limited edition of this toaster, and possbily the fact that THESE GUYS, dont even know Betty.
ill be glad to answer any questions you may or maynot have in mind.But i must ask that you bid first, before ,i tell you what your actually bidding on.
unitl then, i can say that with have of it not working because ive modified it to current electrical codes,and thus screwed it up. I have no idea what im doing...sound familier?
place bids here........very soon.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
p.s. ive replaced the power cord to original specs.
of coarse i called Betty 1st. She said ok.
as long as my wife doesnt miss her cord from her living room light, the cord will be included, free of charge.
p.s. again...Betty's name is on the side of the thing.
p.s. now how much will you give me?
bid here: ....very quickly

·
Registered
495 Posts
The more I see stuff like this happening, the more I appreciate the Mach 1's and Boss Mustangs. At least nobody is "continuing" those. I think Carrol Shelby is lossing his mind as old age sets in. Living off the past is pretty much lame as hell.

·
Administrator
13,026 Posts
What's the hp on the toaster? Less than the original model?
Don't waste your time, Laurie, it's a rebody!
Stan

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
ok, to everyone asking about my original Betty toaster.
the cord still comes with it ,free of charge of coarse.
the cover isnt really original, and it was me who printed her name on the side.
and, im pretty certain that it was an orignial toaster, of some kind? They are all alike(toasters that is)arent they?
Bid here : ....very quickly

·
Registered
440 Posts
I never realized that Shelbys had cup holder, billet grilles, cheap looking dash mounted ricer tachs, cheap steering wheels, windshield advertisements, aluminum radiators, chrome alternators, performer manifolds, edelbrock carbs, two tone interior, torque thrust wheels, exc, exc, exc. Oh and a whole 250hp.

You learn something new everyday, thanks GT350C for showing us misguided souls what real Shelbys looked like. :naive: :puke: :puke:

·
White Elephant Guy
12,969 Posts
I think it needs a few more embroidered signatures on it, and to think, one more mile and it will be a million mile Shelby, that will quadruple the value at least.
http://www.obsidianspider.com/vmf/graemlins/animatedcrap.gif

Oh, and if its a REAL SHELBY, then why is it listed under the Ford Mustang section? Hmmm...

http://www.obsidianspider.com/vmf/graemlins/kngt.gif

I also like that it has
Positraction (allowing both rear tires to spin)
I always thought positraction was a Chevy thing...

Sorry to all of you guys that don't have it, looks like only one of your rear tires can spin, oh, and if you figured out a way to get both of them to spin, let me know. ::

I don't even want to THINK about how I am going to get my front wheels to spin, there's no axle up there at all! :rofl:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
To all those that have shown interest in my pretty much original limited edition Betty Crocker toaster.
The bidding HAS ENDED, please no more emails or inquiries.
I have received a conrete bid from an overseas bidder, and i must leave now to send him a bank transfer so that he can complete the sale for me.
thanks for everyones interest.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts