Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Control Arm Bushings

400 Views 0 Replies 1 Participant Last post by  sycostang67
Check this out, a co-worker of mine is going to give me an 86 jeep cherokee in exchange for some labor on her car. The car is a 1972 Ford LTD Station wagon. I need to replace the ball joints, a tie rod end, and the upper control arm bushings. Is there any way to replace these bushings without a hydraulic press. Is there some tool that would let me do this by hand. She is giving me a few hundred dollars for parts, and whatever is left, I get to keep, so not having to pay a shop to press the bushings in would save me some cash.