Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm converting my 67 fastback 6 cyl. to a v8 i have a 69 donor car.can i just change spindles or do i also need to change the upper and lower control arms.i didn't know if the 6 cyl. was different from v8 any words of wisdom would
help.i'm on a major budget so i just want to use what i can from donor car thanks mark

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I would assume not, if you check some of the parts houses catalogs or web sites, they offer them by year, but not V-8/I-6. I may be wrong, but thats what I would think

·
Registered
396 Posts
The upper & lower control arms are the same but the ball joints are differant(bigger taper),so to use the 69 spindles you will have to use the 69 arms or put 69 ball joints in your 67 arms also you will have to use the 69 tie rod ends (also bigger taper) with the lower arms you will have to check that the alignment excentric(crossmember bolts)are the same size,the 69 might be bigger.If it were me i would just swap out the 69 stuff into your car.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
The upper & lower control arms are the same but the ball joints are differant(bigger taper),so to use the 69 spindles you will have to use the 69 arms or put 69 ball joints in your 67 arms also you will have to use the 69 tie rod ends (also bigger taper) with the lower arms you will have to check that the alignment excentric(crossmember bolts)are the same size,the 69 might be bigger.If it were me i would just swap out the 69 stuff into your car.
Wow, sorry mate but you are batting 000. The ball joints and outer tie rods (Moog ES360R) are identical on 67 and 69, 6 or 8 cylinder. All 6 or 8 cylinder spindles from 67 on were the same. 67 and 69 drum spindles are identical.
67 spindles are same disc or drum. The 69 had different disc and drum spindles which mount interchangably.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts